Product placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Wayne_

Newly Enlightened
It might be too late in terms of LED lights becoming more common, but if I were the Mr. Arc, I'd be tempted to have some LS's annodized in a silvery look and send them off to the Star Trek shows in Hollywood for product placement. So much very-white light from such a small package would fit well in the show (you know, a scene where they board a derilict ship) and a credit in a show/movie might be cool.

If nothing else, maybe the gaffers might get into the lights for use around the set and you might open up a new sales habitat.

rodmeister

Enlightened
Re: Product placement CSI?

I read in TV Guide that most of the technical equipment on "CSI" are donated to the show for product placement. If Peter donated just a couple ARC LS's, it would really help the product, though it might dishearten CPFer's who'd experience a shortage of ARC's to buy.

gyverpete

Enlightened

Good suggestion, rodmeister. It would be really cool to see an ARC LS on CSI. Being so small, viewers would wonder how so much light was coming out of the tech's hand! Maybe Peter could also make up some UV LS lights to send.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened

With regard to CSI, I often find it interesting that the guys/girls often use SF M4 in confined space, for which I think something like ARC LS is more suitable.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

extremely bright flashlights are usually used on movie sets, because the actual ambient lighting during filming is much brighter. this is so the film gets enough exposure to show details, and its usually edited afterwards to make it look dimmer. if they used an arc LS, i suspect the light output would look very dim once they edited the film. this is probably the reason why you always see surefire 6Ps and maxabeams. notice in movies the maxabeam's output actually looks like a regular 6D lantern light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.