trying to find/ID a light made in Europe?

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Iam looking to find and possibly buy a light I saw being used in Europe.

The light is a bare aluminum color, looks alot like a 3D cell Mag light, the actual body is almost exactly the same as a Mag but the head is shaped a little different with what looks like some small milled lines on the head? It kind of looked like a modern version or copy of a Mag light,but better looking than a standard ol Mag, also might be 2D size Iam not sure.

I think its an Incan light and looked pretty powerful.It had a really long throw, bright white light, almost LED white.The spot was kind of filled with inclusions, not a pure solid spot like most LED lights.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Maybe some of the european guys can ID this thing from my description? If you might know what it is or where I can get one please let me know.
Thanks!

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I guess I asked for this, I know its a long shot to ID this from my description....

This is an off the shelf light, I have several modded Mags and I have been into lights a long time, its just some over the counter light from the UK that looks like a Mag but has a cooler looking factory head on it.Some UK company made a Mag copy and changed it just enough so its not a complete rip off of a Maglight. This is the kind of thing that someone from the UK is going to read my Desription and say, oh thats the "xxxx" light, you can get them at xxxx, or not:~)

Because of the head shape and design it looks like it would be a cool host that wouldnt look like every other modded Maglight on my shelf...

I'll try and get a screen shot/pic of it...
Thanks!

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
I tried a search on Google UK for '2D Torch' :(, an important search word as the term flashlight isn't really used. It turned up plenty for Mags but in the first few pages was ebay item 360213868608. There is also the Varta 2D Premium stainless.

You must remember that regardless of brand the item will be unlikely to be made in the UK.

Try going to ebay.co.uk and searching for 'torch'.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I tried a search on Google UK for '2D Torch' :(, an important search word as the term flashlight isn't really used. It turned up plenty for Mags but in the first few pages was ebay item 360213868608. There is also the Varta 2D Premium stainless.

You must remember that regardless of brand the item will be unlikely to be made in the UK.

Try going to ebay.co.uk and searching for 'torch'.

You know what, I think that one on Ebay is it! I did several searches on Google also using the word Torch and never found that one, there was just so much garbage that came up. The pics of this light that I saw were not nearly as good as the pic on Ebay. I like the head shape, might have to grab one to play with.The Krypton bulb in a foggy condition made it look pretty bright, also that bulb explains the the poor spot quality.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you give us a link to the one you think it is on eBay?

Then I'll tell you if I've seen it in the UK !

Pontiaker

Enlightened
If I add a link to this thread it will get deleted or locked and I would probably get banned.

If you take the Ebay auction number from the posts above and cut and paste it into the search bar on Ebay the auction will come up, though it is closed now.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I add a link to this thread it will get deleted or locked and I would probably get banned.

If you take the Ebay auction number from the posts above and cut and paste it into the search bar on Ebay the auction will come up, though it is closed now.

Fair dos. Right I had a look, and I'm sorry to say it just looks like a cheap mag knock off to me. I'm also 99% sure it was never made in the UK, not at that price. Ehy do you think it was made in Europe?

But going back to your point, considering the high costs of mags in the UK, it may make a nice cheap host for modding, thanks for sharing.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Yeah, I should have said it was sold in Europe not actually made there. I also didnt know what quality level it was. I saw it used in a video from Europe and it looked cool and looked bright but that was probably from the foggy night it was used in. Iam positive its the light in the closed Ebay auction above, I hace emailed the seller and Iam waiting to hear back. I might get a case of them for mods down the road.

Magic Matt

Enlightened
If it's the Silverline Watchman 2D, avoid it. They used to sell two versions in the local Spar convenience store - they were £3.99 each and I have the variation of it without the lines on the head (the most common version). It is without doubt the worst torch I have ever seen, and the quality is just dire. I've pulled mine apart to turn into something else. The light output is absolutely pitiful and the reliability of the contacts hopeless - I had to bang it to get it to turn on.

It might make a passable donor body for an experiment (which is what I'm going to do with mine), but only if you replace everything else.

There is always the possibility that the Silverline is a clone of another much better torch of course that was what you saw.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
The light is pictured below. Its not the Silverline but it is close. I like the shape of the head instead of the rounded Mag style lights.

standard.jpg