• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold and shipped! High-CRI Milkyspit 'Piano' for sale

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Good people,

I am offering up for sale a very special and unique light. We started with a Surefire 3DL (which you don't see for sale very often), and gave it a warm Seoul emitter and reflector, and the brains of a SF E1B. I added a Z49 tail-standing clickie, which makes it very comfortable in the hand, and looks really cool.
piano_1.jpg

From the Milky Tape: "SSCP4 S2-4000K-93CRI McR16ms E1B Dual Brightness Driver Use 1x123 primary only"
The beam is very easy on the eyes and very useful (sorry, when I've tried to take beamshots, Shaka, when the walls fell). The brightness of the two levels is about the same as an E1B, to my eyes. I will also include the standard twisty/momentary tailcap

I can't quite believe I'm selling it (sorry, Scott!), but I haven't used it in months, and :broke:I could use the cash.

I will part with it for $300 shipped CONUS. Paypal cheerfully accepted (please add 4% if credit-card funded). Not responsible for what happens after the federal government's takeover of the flashlight's delivery; insurance at additional cost.

(Panda not included.)
piano_panda.jpg

Last edited:

reptiles

Enlightened
Re: High-CRI Milkyspit 'Piano' for sale

Very nice! I never saw one like it. You and Scott did good (Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.)

Cheers,

Mark

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Re: High-CRI Milkyspit 'Piano' for sale

Someone asked me, and I should have included this information:

Why "Piano"? From Milky: "As for the name "Piano," it comes purely from the glossy finish of the light. For some reason that reminded me of the finish on a grand piano of the sort one might see when someone is giving a performance in a concert hall... and there IS a certain elegance to these 3DL builds, in that you've got a classy but understated host with MUCH higher performance guts than it had in its stock form! Came up with the name for another customer's 3DL build more than a year ago, and the name stuck. To my recollection, yours is only the third "Piano" build in existence."