• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: McGizmos

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
Looking for:

Lunasol 27 is the only one left to find. Thanks CPF'ers!

Any unusual paks for the above such as 17670 paks.

Users with character marks are fine, but the lights SHOULD be original, and unmodified (or at least professionally, and in excellent working order. I would even consider a really beat-up light as long as it was perfectly functional. Obviously, shelf-queens are OK as well.

Immediate funds available by Paypal, money order, or cash if you're in the So. CA area.

PM works for me. I have references from a few folks here.

Simon

Last edited:

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
There are several people here who are as good as Don (or better) at modifying lights. Why are you ruling out lights that have been modified by experts?

The modification, most of the time, isn't something I would want or desire. I don't really want an MCE in a Ti AAA Killer, for instance!

From what I've seen here, Don's (McGizmo) mods usually make sense to me and result in increased functionality. Plus, it would make the light much easier to sell down the road if my tastes change and I have to sell a light to make room for another.

Different strokes for different folks. I didn't in any way mean to denigrate those good people who do excellent modification work. It's just that usually it's not something I would do and IMHO may ultimately reduce the value of the light.

Things like exchanging an XPE for an XP-G will usually make for a very desirable light for me- look at the Haiku for instance. But I'd rather wait for Don to do the upgrade/mod for that "factory" feel.

By all means, if you have a quality light that has a sensible upgrade, shoot me a PM.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit I feel exactly the same way when it comes to Dons lights.

With only one exception, all my McGizmos are as they came from Don or if modified the the mod was done by Don.

The one exception is a led upgrade from luxIII to SSC P4 which I did my self a few years ago.