Newbie Introduction

S

special_dx

Hi All

I couldn't find a newbies' thread, so apols if this is out of place. Here is a little bit about me:-

I'm Matt from the United Kingdom, I'm fairly new to LED Flashlights and mostly I have had Maglites in the past.

I currently have an Olight T20-T as my EDC, which was a revelation. I have a Mag 2D LED (Rebel) for the house and an old Mag 3D which I am in the middle of converting to a P7. There are some other horrors in the cupboard too, including an old Everedy 2C Halogen and various Mag AAAs.

I am currently waiting for a Solarforce L2P host to arrive so that I can play about making my own drop-ins etc. I am also considerring the Solarforce lantern head for this in case of power failure in the house.

I like to mod things - computer stuff and motorcycles ;2X Kawasaki ZXR750Rs and some prehistoric 2-strokes at the moment. I also make scale models in etched/cast metal, resin and plastic which means I have gathered lots of useful tools such as a small lathe and lots of solderring irons which should come in useful!

I am thinking that when I get some experience in this field I will want to make some very small diameter low profile headlight units for sportsbikes as this is something I havent seen yet and I want to convert a race fairing for road use.

Anyway, that's enough on me, I welcome any comments or direction to related thread that users think I may be interested in. I have been searching, but my flashlight vocab is still pretty basic!

Cheers, Matt

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Matt. This is as good a place as any to introduce yourself. I'd say you'll fit right in here. Sounds like you're already an experienced flashaholic, whether you knew it or not. Feel free to ask and add away. We're really a very friendly bunch.

Geoff