Which surefire to buy next?

Brian321

Enlightened
Ok i am considering the LX2 or the A2 Incan version. But im not sure so i need some advice, Also if you guys have any other suggestions let me know. I am looking for a bright high and a low I prefer the high to be incan but its not that big of a deal. I will also take advice on single modes as im still not sure what i want next. Suggestions? Thanks.

P.S. The only surefire i have is a 6P with a M61 drop-in.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok i am considering the LX2 or the A2 Incan version. But im not sure so i need some advice, Also if you guys have any other suggestions let me know. I am looking for a bright high and a low I prefer the high to be incan but its not that big of a deal. I will also take advice on single modes as im still not sure what i want next. Suggestions? Thanks.

P.S. The only surefire i have is a 6P with a M61 drop-in.
They are both superb lights in their own class. But if you are serious about this hobby, then you need an original A2 Aviator, it is perfection. Get the LX2 later, and an M3T, and of course, an M6...

Litbobber

Enlightened
If you can wait for the end of march get the stratum,kind of like the 6p but has three
levels of output.It is led though.
Low-5 lumens..
Medium-50 lumens..
High-150 lumens..

Good luck,you will get alot of great advice here.

pwatcher

Enlightened
Why is the A2 so good? I want it but high is only 50 lumens and i am a lumen WHORE....
the only regulated incan made?

and your choice of white or colored leds (red, blue, green)!

bet you can't find anything else made with this combination of features!

your M61 covers your lumens "needs" beautifully - now complement that with an A2 while they are still reasonably available!

for $90-120 you can find one (stay away from the all-led versions: you can always get one of those later).

my .02 anyway!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the E series myself, do you have a E2L. Now I know it's not as bright as the LX2 but it's really around 110 lumens and regulated for around 6hrs, I love it.

Also do you have a E2DL, their is another to make deciding much easier. :)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the A2 with the pocket clip from the A2L. (Ask nicely - the tech support guys will send you one) You can put a Lumens Factory bulb in there if you want more lumens, but you really don't need it with that M61. And don't forget your new Aviator throws a beam pretty damn far.

The LX2 may be brighter, but an incan-spectrum beam often has more effective range outdoors.

dcycleman

Enlightened
I wouldnt wait for a surefire light that is not currently offered. you may be 90 years old before it actually becomes available. Not bashing surefire, I love em', thats just how it is.

Brian321

Enlightened
the only regulated incan made?

and your choice of white or colored leds (red, blue, green)!

bet you can't find anything else made with this combination of features!

your M61 covers your lumens "needs" beautifully - now complement that with an A2 while they are still reasonably available!

for $90-120 you can find one (stay away from the all-led versions: you can always get one of those later).

my .02 anyway!
Where can i find an A2 for $90-120? I have looked but i have failed...

pwatcher

Enlightened
Where can i find an A2 for $90-120? I have looked but i have failed...
:thinking: well, for one place, I just sold 3 in that price range yesterday here on cpfmp!

of course, I also paid $140 for a relatively scarce A2-YG yesterday :green:

also surf ebay - they come up all the time...:popcorn:

you could also place a WTB ad over in cpfmp, and I bet you'd get plenty of offers to sell you one.

what color would you want to get first? or would you stick with white led's?:)

Last edited:

Brian321

Enlightened
Ok well i was checking ebay earlier and found an A2 with red LED's with a bulb and 6 Surefire batteries. So i was thinking do i really want or need this light. Well i figured i would see how much it was with shipping charges( I forgot that it shows on the main page) So i clicked buy it now and it said congrats you just bought this item:duh2:. So i am a new owner of a Surefire A2 aviator. I hope i like the red LED's and the light in general. Thanks for all of the help.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok well i was checking ebay earlier and found an A2 with red LED's with a bulb and 6 Surefire batteries. So i was thinking do i really want or need this light. Well i figured i would see how much it was with shipping charges( I forgot that it shows on the main page) So i clicked buy it now and it said congrats you just bought this item:duh2:. So i am a new owner of a Surefire A2 aviator. I hope i like the red LED's and the light in general. Thanks for all of the help.
Congratulations!! (gotta love the eBay messages "You won this auction!")

You will not regret...

Cheers.