leatherman serac discontinued?

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
anyone noticed? I wonder what went wrong... seems like the whole serac line is gone, but at least one image on the site still shows one of them. and they're still mentioned in the FAQ. maybe that means they're not discontinued, but there's an upgrade just around the corner.

McAllan

Enlightened
Believe I'm still able to get some locally if I want.
The a bit expensive price tag has put me a bit off though. But I admit they look quite nice. Perhaps they were too expensive.
But do anybody know whether their lumen ratings are OTF or emitter?
And what's the typical difference between OTF and emitter for a reflector design?

sotyakr

Enlightened
Convinced myself that I "needed" a new EDC light when I found these oldie, but apparently goody Serac S3's for $15 today at Marshalls. Have no need for anything fancy or retina scorching, so for the price it should do just fine.

jltmaxx

Newly Enlightened
Hi, new member here and just bought the S3 at TJ Maxx for $15 also. I was so impressed with it that I started looking up reviews and wound up here. This is only my third light, so I can see how some guys on here wind up with a "collection". Cool site, I just stumbled upon this thing by accident and it looks like I found a new "hobby". I went back today and bought the last three they had for Christmas presents. Thanks, glad to be here!