Leather holster sources wanted

tsmccull

Newly Enlightened
I've got the Surefire V17 basketweave leather holster (has a bottom, open top, no flap) for my 9P and I'd like to find a mini-version of the same for my Quark 123*2 light. I've put 4Sevens' 18650 tube on the Quark, so the light is now about 5.5" long and 7/8" diameter for its entire length which makes it a bit too long to use the nylon holster that comes with the light. In case anyone was wondering, the 18650 tube is just shy of 5/8" longer than the original 123*2 tube which makes the overall light just long enough to keep the velcro from mating on the original holster flap.

I can forego a flap if I can find a small holster like the Surefire V17. Any suggestions for a source for such a holster? The Quark is way too loose in the V17 since that was built for the larger diameter 9P body size. Thanks for any suggestions. Haven't seen anything quite the right size so far in my Googling.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good luck with AKJ Concealco holsters, and better luck with the Wilson Combat ones -- but you'll find those only fit the 6P size bezel. (Other similar lights might fit, but I don't think it'd fit the quark.

Hm, neither seems to be the style you're looking for. Both are concealment-style quickdraw holsters.

Last edited:

ejot

Enlightened
You might try PMing CPFer "Hogokansatsukan". He has made some beautiful leather holsters in the past and sold them at very reasonable prices on the marketplace. These ones, for example, are all gone - but maybe he would be willing to work with you to create what you want. :shrug: