Real *Light* Experience!

zagi

Newly Enlightened
Greetings everyone. I hope I posted this on the right section. Im a gadget lover and lights lover. When I say lights, I mean everything. From car lighting to handheld lighting.

Anywhoo.. Last night was our last operation with other gov agencies, setting up roadblocks. Out of that 7day, 2 of them was a great night!. The first one involve me having my Lumapower D-mini Vx Ultra (with 18650). During that night one driver is pretty drunk, nearly hit our roadblock, i figure that, probably, he cant properly clearly see the roadblock beacons and everything, so I BLASTED the driver with my luma at high!. That actually stop him immediately roughly 5 to 6 feet about to hit another car infront of him at the roadblock.

The second night (yesterday)I brought with me Dereelight C2H R5 version (cr123 and its not mine, was a gift to my older brother). I had the light set to hi at the ready. That night we were having roadblock near our country border. We were looking for smugglers. While waiting we notice noises coming out of the pitch black forest (which is known to have tigers and wild buffaloes). At first my friend pull out his P7 (led lenser) setting it to flood. His light wasnt bright enough to light up the area in front of us. Shadows from forest trees and leaves are hindering our sight. THEN i turn on my C2H. That actually make a difference!, we can actually spot a man (hes actually a bodybuilder! scared me and my friend a bit) we shouted him to come out. Surrendering out of the forest, he walk toward us looking totally drunk. He's a bit rude, but one of the officer asked for my c2h, and blast the drunk man face. That actually *soften* him.

Btw, if some of you wonder why i didnt bring my lumapower on that night, its because the day before that night, I sold it to my colleague (and he owns LL x21). And the light lacks a diffuser when i need it, its a great light though.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, zagi. If you are a light lover this is the place. Thank you for relating those experiences. For me the most excitement is lighting up the raccoon on the back deck.

Geoff