MX-991/U and EverLeds

Hemingray

Enlightened
THis isn't meant to compete with the AngleLux, but I picked up an OD green MX-991/U flashlite at the local "Old Tyme Army-Navy" store, for $8, and tried out an EverLEd in it, works pretty well. A litle bonus: The reflector is polished aluminum, so you gat a free heatsink in the price, Equally nice with white or Cyan.

/ed B in NH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

Ben H

Enlightened
So the MX-991/U uses a PR style bulb? I was thinking of getting a MX-991/U and doing the same thing.

Ben H

Enlightened
The MX-991/U is now my favorite Everled host. I love the angle head and the fact that you can set down the light and have the light shine vertically, about 45 deg, or horizontally: an ideal car light. I got the one made by Fulton for $9 at the Army Navy Surplus store. The beam has a nice sized smooth hotspot. If you don't have an Everled and you want on of these lights I would recommend getting one of Electrolumen's AngleLux lights. I don't have one, but I bet it has a better and brighter beam.