Good Quality Aspheric "from US seller"?

Noctis

Enlightened
I'm looking for a fairly good quality aspheric lens to fit my Surefire 6P head without needing further machining.

It also needs to be from a US seller for the sake of having the item shipped to me in slightly less than a human lifetime, and because I try to approach all "Made in China" products from a mile away with a super high powered green laser that can cut the moon in half.

Also, does anyone know where to get the proper tool to remove the bezel ring? I've had my eye on one of those Xeno lamps, but Dan says the notches are too big to fit.

joe1512

Enlightened
You kinda picked the wrong hobby for "made in US only" thinking. :)

I'm with ya, but only the very expensive and not cost-effective lights are made in the US. Even then, they will use emitters and switches made in china.

So that stance is unfortunately pretty difficult to take when talking flashlights.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, does anyone know where to get the proper tool to remove the bezel ring? I've had my eye on one of those Xeno lamps, but Dan says the notches are too big to fit.

flashlightlens.com sell cheap removal tools which I've found work ok. They're $2.50 each, I'd buy a couple if you're going to be using it a lot. They're tough plastic but will probably wear in time. You slot a coin in for leverage.

retaintool_sml.gif

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm looking for a fairly good quality aspheric lens to fit my Surefire 6P head without needing further machining.

It also needs to be from a US seller for the sake of having the item shipped to me in slightly less than a human lifetime, and because I try to approach all "Made in China" products from a mile away with a super high powered green laser that can cut the moon in half.

I'd be happy to find an aspherical lens that fits my 6P even if it were made in Timbuctoo! All I care is that the dealer who SELLS it is in USA. I don't like to order products directly from China. It takes a long time to get here and a long time to go back to them...and I don't have a PayPal account (nor do i want one)