• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: MAC SST-50 EDC Warm 4500K (FOUND) - pics posted :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Looking for a Mac SST-50 EDC in warm 4500K top bin with 3-mode 2800mAh driver.

Preference is for Aluminum but will also consider Ti if someone willing to sell.

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: MAC SST-50 EDC Warm 4500K

Hey Shine, didja end up with Ti or Al? I'm thinking of putting a WTB for this light up myself now. I wanted to wait til you got yours, so we weren't competing. :grin2:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: MAC SST-50 EDC Warm 4500K (FOUND)

Flyflash is hooking me up with his Ti from the 3rd run. :twothumbs Thanks for holding up on your WTB thread - I'm sure there's plenty to go around for those want them.

I'll gonna be sure to keep an eye out for download's 7th run 18650 version thread as well.

I have a new found love for these 4500K SST-50 lights. They beam and the color is just right.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flyflash - thank you for this light. I have a ShiningBeam SST-50 in a P60 drop-in and it has a tighter spot that the SST-50 EDC. The EDC is more of a floody light - but what a beautiful beam - much better for walking around in the dark as you get more of an area illuminated compared with a tight spot type of light.

I've done some clean-up on the light to buff out any scratches from the EDC carry nature of this light. (I hope to put my own personal EDC scratches on the light in time :rolleyes:)

Here's a few pics to share.......

Mac%20SST-50%20EDC%20-%201.JPG

Mac%20SST-50%20EDC%20-%202.JPG

Mac%20SST-50%20EDC%20-%203.JPG

Flyflash

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you did a nice job with the sanding! My former light has found a great new home! I love the beam pattern of this light, but the run time of the 123 IMR battery was just too short for me. I'll be waiting for the 18650 version from Mac.:whistle:

Tuikku

Enlightened
Nice pics ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond! :thumbsup:
These almost force me to buy one if 5th run will be there!

FlyFlash: Any quesstimate on runtime with 123IMR?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond! :thumbsup:
These almost force me to buy one if 5th run will be there!

FlyFlash: Any quesstimate on runtime with 123IMR?

Obviously on hi it's very short (but very bright :grin2:). Maybe 10 minutes and then tailcap current measurement gives about 1.2-1.4 Amps and cell is down to about 3.6v.

I would guesstimate on med = 1 hr, low = 4 hr.

I was actually amazed how bright low really is. It is almost too bright for night time house navigation - you'd blind your poor sleepy eyes.