Streamlight 1L Twin Task

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I got this in the box yesterday along with my now dead EverLED.

It is almost exactly 4 inches long, JUST over 1 and 1/4 inches across the head and just under 1 inch at the tail.

In retrospect, a 2L would be a more useful size... this is a bit fat for it's length.

It works about the same as my 3C with the exception that it only has two modes (3 LEDs or Xenon). Click it on (no momentary unless already on) for LED. Click again for off. Click again for Xenon. Click again for off.

It is in the neighborhood of as bright as an Attitude in LED mode, and perhaps 2D cheapy light bright (but better beam) in Xenon mode.

It's just a bit fat for pocket carry. I have a SAK holster that ALMOST holds this well (but the flap won't close) and could probably find SOMETHING that would work.

It feels like it was carved from a solid hunk of granite... VERY SOLID!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

If I had it to do over, I'd probably go 2L. But I think Streamlight is giving us a lot for the money!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I am going to look into carrying this as an EDC in place of my Madmax mini (but that light is very nearly PERFECT for my needs!).

Hope this review was of some help for someone!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Let's keep it LIGHT, and be nice to one another, OK? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of the little suckers, and yes, they are a MOST useful light. I also have most of the other TT's, but the little guy gets the most use around the house.

Three LEDs seem to be a nice compromise in usefullness, one isn't enough most of the time, 6-10 is too much.

The TTs are excellent values in the whole cost/quality/benefit equation.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my cabela's 1L Xenon/LED!(basically same light) except mine has a hex bezel. I hate to say it but, the xenon mode on this light seems to "eat" my SF E1e. While the E1e is tighter(probably half the beam size as the Cabela's) the hotspot is barely brighter than the overall flood of light coming from the Cabela's.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was playing with mine some more last night. Any number of other lights have a brighter hot spot. But for no bigger than it is, it is remarkably useful!!!

Glad I got it for sure!

Aux

Newly Enlightened
I actually find the size just fine. True it is a bit "fat", but fits in my front pockets without taking up anymore room than my keys. It goes into theaters and other non-tactical situations with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The 1L was my first lithium light (have a couple Stingers for the serious stuff). Later got a SF E1-HA to see what all the fuss was about. Decided I did not need both, and kept the TwinTask as I found it more useful for EDC.

"Handiest" light I own. Not the brightest, nor useful with a handgun because of the switch, but excellent for most other situations.