Eagletac SST50

Alistair

Newly Enlightened
Any news on the release of this light that was discussed in this forum a while back? I am visiting the States in August and was hoping to get something powerful for my neighbourhood watch stints. I have an Eagletac T10LC2 which has been great but is not powerful enough for my purpose. I really need useable light at about 150 meters with reasonable spread. Is the Catapult better suited for this purpose than the Et M2 series?
In your opinion, would the M2 lights be improved with the SST50?
Thanks

recDNA

Flashaholic
Any news on the release of this light that was discussed in this forum a while back? I am visiting the States in August and was hoping to get something powerful for my neighbourhood watch stints. I have an Eagletac T10LC2 which has been great but is not powerful enough for my purpose. I really need useable light at about 150 meters with reasonable spread. Is the Catapult better suited for this purpose than the Et M2 series?
Thanks

I have a feeling that 3 X XP-G like the M2xC4 might be better than a single SST-50

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
I second the M2XC4, it is a great thrower, and for the money is hard to beat. I love mine, great throw and at 100-150 meters still lights up a pretty large area. Get the tail switch if you get one, I like mine much better with it installed. Also do not pay any attention to the cloverleaf shaped beam silliness, unless you are pointing it at a wall 2 feet away, you do not see any of this.

stickman

Newly Enlightened
Good luck. Still waiting for the pc series that was supposed to arrive in march. Still no photos or definitive descriptions. No talk at all anymore on it.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
it has being postponed to end of july for the release of M2 with SST-50.

Alistair

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, very helpful.
It seems that the M2 series is the way to go. I am only going to New York in early August so can afford to wait a while to see if there are developments. I assume that it will only take a week or so for mail order delivery to NY.
Mail order to South Africa is not advisable because things disappear in our postal service. That's why I have to coincide delivery with my visit.
I have a bunch more questions but will put them on a separate post when I have established my needs.
Thanks again for your advice.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
eta for m2 with triple xpg is unknown. m2 with sst-50 will be release towards end of july, instead of end of june

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks guys, very helpful.
It seems that the M2 series is the way to go. I am only going to New York in early August so can afford to wait a while to see if there are developments. I assume that it will only take a week or so for mail order delivery to NY.
Mail order to South Africa is not advisable because things disappear in our postal service. That's why I have to coincide delivery with my visit.
I have a bunch more questions but will put them on a separate post when I have established my needs.
Thanks again for your advice.

I agree. My Eagletacs throw further and are brighter than any comparable brand...including that American brand you can't mention without starting an argument! LOL

nitric

Newly Enlightened
there will be triple xpg. perhaps it will be released together with the sst-50 version. so have to wait till end of july to know.

Alistair

Newly Enlightened
any news?
No news. I have just ordered the M2XC4 from IlluminationGear because I am running out of time. I have no doubt that announcements about new lights will be made soon because that will be typical of my timing.
Tod was very helpful with my order and while I won't get the torch until I get to NY in 10 days, IlluminationGear thus far seems to be a good firm to deal with. The clicky and a diffuser are included in the price and shipping is free.

recDNA

Flashaholic
there will be triple xpg. perhaps it will be released together with the sst-50 version. so have to wait till end of july to know.

It is the end of July. Apparently Eagletac has more in common with that American company than I suspected! LOL

shipwreck

Enlightened
No news. I have just ordered the M2XC4 from IlluminationGear because I am running out of time. I have no doubt that announcements about new lights will be made soon because that will be typical of my timing.
Tod was very helpful with my order and while I won't get the torch until I get to NY in 10 days, IlluminationGear thus far seems to be a good firm to deal with. The clicky and a diffuser are included in the price and shipping is free.

I got my M2XC4 from him a few weeks ago - I've ordered 3 Eagletacs from him so far. Great dealer.

I second the M2XC4, it is a great thrower, and for the money is hard to beat. I love mine, great throw and at 100-150 meters still lights up a pretty large area. Get the tail switch if you get one, I like mine much better with it installed. Also do not pay any attention to the cloverleaf shaped beam silliness, unless you are pointing it at a wall 2 feet away, you do not see any of this.

Yes, this is an awesome light. I plan to get an SR90 one of these days... Until then, this is one of the best lights out there...

nitric

Newly Enlightened
so far, it's still sticking to the end of july for both triple xp-g and sst-50.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
just an update, eagletac going to announce them first week of august. (finger crossed)

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened
Thanks

FWIW - I was anticipating the release of a SST50 M2 myself, but now that Ive seen the Sunwayled M40C I'll be holding out for a SST50 version of it. It just appears to be an all around better light (IMHO).