Going to the beach, need to take a flashlight

B

BULLDOG

I am going to the beach for a few days and was thinking about what flashlight to carry. I was going to carry only 1 in a fanny pack for the walks back to the room or to the car from the boardwalk rides with my wife and kids at night. What is you suggestions for a Surefire?

A 6P it is brighter than the E2E, or a G2Z lighter than the 6P, L4 doesn't have as much throw, or go a bit bigger and take a C3? Whatever I take I was going to take spare batteries and bulbs. Help me a bit...

P.S. We will still be open for business.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Hi Howard,
How about taking extra lights for the wife & kids. That way
everyone could have a light if they need one & you would
have spare batteries & lamps ready at a moments notice.
I would recommend the G2Z for them because if they drop it
there probally wouldn't be any damage. My wife likes having
a clickie switch, so you might take a L4 for your wife.
I'm sure you can pick your own, but I would lean toward a
E1e/KL1 or a E1e/KL4 for myself.
Have a great trip!

Size15's

Flashaholic
At first I thought you wanted a flashlight you could take underwater at the beach... I should read the post first right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

<font color="blue">The only stock SureFire flashlight I can suggest is the 6PN. However, I would my M2 (I've been in the sea with it underwater several times so it's proven)

One of my SC1's has been in a swimming pool to 8ft with no leaks.</font>

So that's not what you want to have opinions on.

Just general carry right?
I would take the L4 myself.
If I was going to take the G2Z, it'd have a P61 in it.
I would like to carry an SC1 with P60 but it is more likely I'd carry two SF123A's in a small ziplok baggy with an SC1 in my travel baggage or car.

Al

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Cool!
I'm going camping this weekend and I was going to ask this similar question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
I think I'll be carrying a G2 P61 in a Ripoffs holster for throw and an X5T for the walks to the bathroom at night.
Everyone seems to be talking of the L4, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I can't afford one right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Bulldog,

I would agree with Al in his first choice of the L4. I just returned from rural Canada where I and two friends did extensive testing and comparing of many LED and incandescent lights, and the unanimous favorite was the L4 because of its remarkable brightness, extremely broad field of illumination, constant ouput for approximately one hour, and its tiny size and approx 3.5oz weight. Certainly an unmodified PM6 can throw a narrow beam much further, and even the McModule/PM6 can throw further with its more concentrated beam, even though its overall output is very close to the KL4.

I try to be as objective as possible when I evaluate lights and I don't play favorites, but I have to say that Surefire really hit the jackpot with the L4. For bright, broad field illumination in a very small light it has become my favorite.

Brightnorm