Completed my power failure/emergency light.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sufrefire G2 with GYL body. 2x white tritium vials in the tail. Glow in the dark O-ring and a Malkoff M61LL.

10 hours of 100 lumens in a bomb proof easy to spot package.

What do you think?
+ Show your PF/Emergency lights.
5oz8go.jpg

cottonpickers

Newly Enlightened
10 hours at 100lm is pretty neat. I also like the trits to help find your light.

I don't have a single 'power house' like yours. To be honest traditional candles would be the closest. However at the last power outage these were fantastic - we had friends round with kids and it made the evening, with them running around lighing up the place like fireflies. I quietly used my draco mainly :whistle:

img0974nb.jpg

Reaper

Enlightened
My M61LL is currently in a 6P with the A19 extender and 3x123 which should give me mucho run-time. I have been thinking about switching over to a yellow G3 but haven't had any luck finding a used one in good condition.

All of my Malkoff's are in 6P's for some reason or another. Guess I must like the solid build.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
I have so many LED flashlights, not including the ones my wife and son have in the house and extra lithium batteries all over the place. For real, we could be with out power for months and still have light for the night.

But I do like your setup. Neat. I suppose I am just not that ingenious. I would like a few Tritium vials on my MyShondt AEON though, that would be neat. My lights lay in the same place all the time so finding them in the dark at home would not be a problem. But for camping when it gets tossed who knows where in the tent, Tritium vials would be real handy.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Fenix E01 head with 1 D body. Trit under the dome.

Uber rare Milky candle with Rebel 100 as the main LED instead of a 5mm. Trit inside the head.

Energizer 4 AA Weather Ready modded for 4 D cells. V10 glow powder mod on case.

Malkoff M60LLF custom R2 WH on a bored and nat annoed 9p body. Glow O-rings.

Milky "Sarge" old ribbed KL3 with MC-E Neutral and acorn on a Leef 2 18650 body. 6 trits on this one.

Mag 6 D running a resistored 5mm in candle mode.

Some of these have runtimes in the hundreds of hours. :)
But let's not forget the 1st gen Cree Surefire E2L outdoorsman or the Zebralight H31!

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
What do you think?
+ Show your PF/Emergency lights.

that's a great setup.... where are the trits in the tail?

i guess most all flashlights are for some type of emergency. here are some shameless pics i took of a few lights the others day.

knives014.jpg

the G2 has a 6P bezel, NT clip with an O ring, and at the moment has an LF SR-9 LA driven by AW 123s. the 6P has an LF HO-4 LA ran by a 17670.

knives011.jpg

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's a great setup.... where are the trits in the tail?
If you follow the power button on the computer screen, you'll see a small white line. There. I have one on either side. I tried taking a pic with my phone but it doesn't do it justice.
The light stays right beside my computer, so I'll have something to reach for. I'm thinking of putting it in my car along a Victorinox Rescue knife. And I have another idea...:sssh:

Very nice kits everyone. :thumbsup:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Lol I guess that works too!

I'll have to get a pic up of my body. It is a converted 1D signal lamp that used to be on life vests years ago. Has a raised bubble dome on top that I sanded to give it a diffused lantern style beam. The switch and body style really reminds me of a Fulton. There's a big black safety pin attached to the side too.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hey, i HAVE one of those "Safety-Strobe" lights !

That sounds like a GREAT idea !

Can't wait to see yer' Photo(s).

:thumbsup:
_

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm still inclined to go and build my own driver using the joule thief circuit, but lacking a suitable enclosure, this sounds wonderful!

what happened to the original strobe?

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power failures are very common where I live so I'm always prepared for them. I don't have any fancy custom lights specifically built for power failures, but I did buy two lights in particular for them. They are a Fenix MC10 Anglelight and a Coleman Pack-Away 4 AA cell LED lantern. Both of them are ideal for lighting up a room for any task.