• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB spare bitz parts

gunga

Flashaholic
Hi there, I recently purchased a used bitz alumnium from a person.

It turns out it was poorly treated, it was missing the leaf spring inside, and clip is bent and damaged. Also the clip screws are all stripped out.

It is possible to get some replacement parts?

I would need a clip, clip screws and the leaf spring inside the bitz. I live in Canada.

Anyone know where I can get some parts? I have emailed Bitz but it looks like they may have moved on...

:shakehead

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the screw holes in the light stripped out?

Do you know the size of the screws? (if not,.....or if you can't find that info. in the BitZ threads...I can take measurements of the screws on my BitZ light).

Good luck in your search.

gunga

Flashaholic
So far I only know they are torx t6, other than that, I don't know what size they are. One head is stripped out and the other is damaged. I may be able to extract them but don't have the tools to measure the threads. I don't believe the the holes in the light are stripepd, just the bolt heads.

Thanks so much for your help!

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2 x .45mm thread pitch, 4mm long...or that is as close as my eyes can see :) It concerns me that the major diameter of the threads is 2.14mm (usually it would be undersized...)

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, I recently purchased a used bitz alumnium from a person.

It turns out it was poorly treated, it was missing the leaf spring inside, and clip is bent and damaged. Also the clip screws are all stripped out.

It is possible to get some replacement parts?

I would need a clip, clip screws and the leaf spring inside the bitz. I live in Canada.

Anyone know where I can get some parts? I have emailed Bitz but it looks like they may have moved on...

:shakehead

Hello, gunga

Contact "HgRyu", he is the creator of this light, and a member here.

He may, or may not have parts left.

But, worth trying, I guess.

One more thing I'd like to say is, if you liked Al bitz, then you may consider moving on to Ti Bitz, because it's better constructed. And you can probably get it at a very reasonable price. :wave:

gunga

Flashaholic
He hasn't signed on for 9 months so I doubt he wil respond.

As for Ti, I missed a couple at around $100, decided to go cheaper with an aluminum one. It would be fine if it weren't so beat up (which I did not know...) and missing parts.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM me!

I have a slightly used one with a no longer working LED in it. It has a few carry marks, but is ow in great shape.

Dan