A2L diffuser...

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see any listed on the Surefire website. Don't they exist? Why have they forgotten about this light? and/or why didn't they make it a standard size? 1.13 come on! :thumbsdow

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have a low flood mode, and the main beam is predominantly flood... why would you need a diffuser? :shrug:

Lights such as the LX2 make sense to use a diffuser due to the fact that they are made for spotting distant objects.

But a light that is already designed for close up work makes no sense to use with a diffuser.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Yeah, I also thought a lot of the appeal in a light like the A2L was already having a floody beam for up close work without needing a diffuser.

Although I'm sure you could rig something up to diffuse the beam even more if you really need to.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have a low flood mode, and the main beam is predominantly flood... why would you need a diffuser? :shrug:

Lights such as the LX2 make sense to use a diffuser due to the fact that they are made for spotting distant objects.

But a light that is already designed for close up work makes no sense to use with a diffuser.

Exactly, the smaller LED are for the flood and the main beam is somewhere between flood and throw. The older incan A2 never had any filters made for it (although you can put a film on to diffuse the beam)

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to smooth out the onion rings. The main LED does provide nice flood with a good spot. I was just hoping to diffuse the red enough so that it would evenly light close objects and also dim it ever so slightly.

If only I could have it all.:sigh:

carrot

Flashaholic
You can do one of the old-school mods -- pop open the head and sand the LEDs lightly to better diffuse the light.