Runtime on cheap keychain LED lights?

Hellbore

Enlightened
Hi, does anyone know of any reviews or runtime stats on the little white DX keychain lights that run on 2xCR2016 cells? They are SKU 1100.

My sister wants a special LED lighting effect for her wedding reception and I'm wondering if these have enough runtime to work for this purpose.

The runtime needed is about 4 hours. If these keychain type lights can't last that long, any ideas for a lower-output but very cheap light that would work for this project?

The thing is, they need to be as inexpensive as possible because we will need about 20 of them, and they will likely be ruined in the process :)

Ideas?

Hellbore

Enlightened
I did a test tonight with one of the DX keychain lights.

It had dead batteries so I used 2 fresh Energizer cr2016 cells.

The experiment was to put the light at the bottom of a vase of flowers to light the vase and glass beads. The light would need to last 3 or 4 hours in the water to last the whole reception.

Well, this light did fine for 4 hours in the water. After 4 hours I opened it up and washed out the corrosion and put it back together. The light is still very bright.

Now, my concern is, the experiment went great with Energizer cr2016 cells but who knows how well the DX cells will last in the water...

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty far behind on my reading here .. the wedding probably already happened (How'd it go? did the lights work?) but if not, you might consider buying a pack of 2032s (sku 751) to run the lights dimmer and longer.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The runtime needed is about 4 hours. If these keychain type lights can't last that long, any ideas for a lower-output but very cheap light that would work for this project?
The wedding has likely passed, but for those who are interested, this runtime is reasonable.

I've tested a number of cheapy keychain lights (including the aforementioned DX samples) on energizer and no-name CR2016 batteries, and they all give about equivalent performance. Basically, the lights drop quickly to 50% output by around ~20 mins, and then slowly decay. At 4 hours, you could expect ~15-20% of original max output.

paulr

Flashaholic
They dim significantly after a few minutes but they are still usable after 8+ hours.

Hellbore

Enlightened
The wedding isn't for 3 more weeks.

Back when I posted this thread, I went ahead and ordered enough of the keychain lights from DX to put 1 or possibly 2 in each vase. Hopefully it will work out well :)