New Guy

BirdieShooter

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone! I have been lurking around on here for awhile after coming across the forum while searching for info on the Laser Genetics laser spotlight. I was considering trying to build my own version of it and then I read about a modified Tiablo A9 putting out red light so I am thinking about trying that. I am a firefighter by trade so I always love a good light and my family owns a mechanical contracting company so I have everything I need to build from scratch if I have to. I just need to learn about the light parts and what everyone is talking about when they write things like "R2 WC emitter, then overdrive it to 1.6AH". I keep reading and googeling and I am starting to catch on. As far as lights go I started with my first Magcharger back in the early 80's and have had more then I can remember of good lights, mostly Maglights, Streamlights, Surefires, etc. Never so much as a hobby but more for tools of the trade. I think my first venture into extreme lighting and modification will be the Tiablo I mentioned above and I sure hope to get some help from someone here smarter then myself. I no doubt will need it.

Thank you everyone for the forum and I will do my best trying to participate.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, BirdieShooter. Sounds like you're going to fit right in here. If you can machine your own stuff, folks will be flocking your way.

Geoff

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: welcome to CPF if you have access to a machine shop your handier than me with lights. No one wants a host made out of wood, I wonder why? :fail:

On a lighter note, you definitely came to the right place