Led Lenser M7

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, not been here for a while now. I currently have quite a few higher output edc lights such as the Fenxi tk10 but they all run of cr123 batteries and i need a cheaper to run edc and like the look of the led lenser m7. I have searched for info on the internet and on here and all i can finde is some german reviews and well, i dont speak german.

Does anyone know any reviews or have eny experienve with this light or even how it works. Thanks.

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
Haven't used the M7 , I do own a P14 with is the AA Version minus the Microprocessor switch.

It is OUTSTANDING in almost every aspect and has almost replaced my Maglite 6D for regular use.

Would heartily recommend.

The LED Lenser website is on www.zweibruder.com and has an English option btw.

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Two people here in my country recommed me led lenser p7. But i dont like it because of 4aaa batteries for 200 lumens light.

But in this forum, i havent read about this kind of light?

Why you dont like this brand?

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
i like led lenser i have a police tech focus but need something more powerful. i just havent found any info on this light in terms of reviews

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a review here on the site,just type in Led Lenser P7 in the search box and you will find the link.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am fairly certain that all led lender lights are direct drive (lack regulation) meaning they are bright with new batteries and get more and more dim as the minutes tick by. Also, they don't recommend anything but alkaline batteries as rechargeable NiMh may overheat and fry the light according to led lenser. For the money you can get a regulated light with constant brightness and the ability to use NiMh batteries.

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
Between the P7 and there M7 there is no comparison. The M7 is way above it in terms of throw/brightness. It even beats my Tiablo A9 w/o collimator. If you want high and low only just push the button 4 times slightly in succession w/o turning it on then on 5th you click it on. It will blink 2x signifying that you are aboard. Just do the same process if you want the high and strobe only feature and again if you prefer high, low, beacon, sos and strobe. Works just like the P7 but has more features.
100_2531-1.jpg

Last edited:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
Two people here in my country recommed me led lenser p7. But i dont like it because of 4aaa batteries for 200 lumens light.

But in this forum, i havent read about this kind of light?

Why you dont like this brand?
Just use the search feature kabayan. I think you will be satisfied w/ the Fenix E21 of the choices you posted in another thread. I did not recommend the P7 to you btw but the M7. The M7 is rated 220 lumens (kuno) but it beats those supposedly higher lumen rated lights and beats them emphatically. Those contacts I gave you are more than enough for you to start right.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Wow, does it really throw better than the A9?
Has somebody done a lux reading on the M7R? I'm curious about this..

I don't like Led Lenser, none of them are regulated, the ''M'' Microcontroller are supposed to be regulated, but it's proven that they aren't..

I think LED Lenser is a good professional flashlight for the mass market, but there is so many other brands that i will trust more than LL. I Don't trust their electronics too.

You should take a look at Fenix LD25 or LD40. 180 and 248 neutral white OTF lumens.

Last edited:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
Wow, does it really throw better than the A9?
Has somebody done a lux reading on the M7R? I'm curious about this..

I don't like Led Lenser, none of them are regulated, the ''M'' Microcontroller are supposed to be regulated, but it's proven that they aren't..

I think LED Lenser is a good professional flashlight for the mass market, but there is so many other brands that i will trust more than LL. I Don't trust their electronics too.

You should take a look at Fenix LD25 or LD40. 180 and 248 neutral white OTF lumens.
Yes it does. I don't have many lights but I also like my ITPs.
100_2701-1.jpg

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
Just use the search feature kabayan. I think you will be satisfied w/ the Fenix E21 of the choices you posted in another thread. I did not recommend the P7 to you btw but the M7. The M7 is rated 220 lumens (kuno) but it beats those supposedly higher lumen rated lights and beats them emphatically. Those contacts I gave you are more than enough for you to start right.

Hi crossliner,

2 people in a philippine forum recommend me p7. You are the third person to recommend a led lenser but a m7 model. :D

jupello

Enlightened
I'm 99 % sure that it is true and that i saw it on CPF, but i can't remember where..
I'm gonna use my Google-Fu and try search it up ;)

Yes, there's a lot of rumors and wild accusations about Led Lensers here.. but I'm 99% sure that this one is also wrong ;)

I remember reading that some (all?) M-series Led Lensers lower their output a bit after being on full brightness for some time (just like 4sevens Preon revo does). That might confuse some people, but it does not mean that these lights would not be regulated, it's just a design choice made by the company.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Yes, there's a lot of rumors and wild accusations about Led Lensers here.. but I'm 99% sure that this one is also wrong ;)

I remember reading that some (all?) M-series Led Lensers lower their output a bit after being on full brightness for some time (just like 4sevens Preon revo does). That might confuse some people, but it does not mean that these lights would not be regulated, it's just a design choice made by the company.

Yes, seems like we are on right post,
but it was something that it stayed regulated for some minutes at that point, and then did dim down slowly.

I'm sorry, but i couldn't find the post i was searching for -.-
Maybe it's just my mistake, but who knows..

jupello

Enlightened
Here's one LL M7 review I found from here. It shows that the brightness of LL M7 should stay pretty steady after the initial brightness ramp down.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Here's one LL M7 review I found from here. It shows that the brightness of LL M7 should stay pretty steady after the initial brightness ramp down.

Great! I think that was the review i saw.
Sorry, this was my mistake. It seems like it is very sturdy up to 60 minutes, and that is GREAT! :thumbsup: Very good regulation.

I think the fast dimming after 65 minutes was what i had in mind, because i couldn't remember everything :p

Rhapsun

Newly Enlightened
Great! I think that was the review i saw.
Sorry, this was my mistake. It seems like it is very sturdy up to 60 minutes, and that is GREAT! :thumbsup: Very good regulation.

I think the fast dimming after 65 minutes was what i had in mind, because i couldn't remember everything :p

And this is how misinformation gets passed around. Not to pick on you. But you and everyone else should be sure of the facts before posting a comment.