RIP - Generation 1 Inova T4 (2005-2010)

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my heavily used and much loved first generation Inova T4 Ringy (10/2005-12/2010).

A boon companion on many an evening walk and yard check, always charged and waiting for action on the wall near the front door. It was really showing its age with shorter battery life and longer charge times and I was considering buying a replacement battery pack (though the Gen 1 packs are HARD to find) when the tragedy happened.

Last night I dropped Ringy kind of hard and it went out so I checked the end cap and then clicked it a few times and it came back on so I didnt worry about it and stuck it in the charger. A little while later I walked by the charger to notice the rapidly flashing blue light and a hot electronics smell. I pulled the light out of the charger and noted that it was a little warm and then I clicked on the switch. The light strobed twice and died with a STRONG burnt electronics smell and that was all she wrote.

Fairwell Ringy. In spite of your terrible beam pattern Ill still miss the unique TIROS optics and Ill remember fondly the many miles of trail and sidewalk we covered together, you served me well and I certainly feel I got my moneys worth out of you.

:mecry:

-------

So.... I see the newest generation T4 runs about $100, has three levels, and is supposed to put out over 200 lumens of light....well then, where's that credit card of mine?

:naughty: