Frustrated with Flashlights (a two month review)!

p97z

Newly Enlightened
Frustrated with Flashlights ( a two month review)!

So, as the title says… I'm frustrated with flashlights. In the passed month or so I've purchased seven flashlights. Out of the seven I am only happy with two (which I am giving as gifts and only tested).

1. Tiablo A7 – Below 50 it won't turn on (well it turns on but is dim as heck)… Worthless light in my opinion! I won't even advertise the name of the dealer who sold it because I will never buy from them again (a popular name here on cpf).

2. Jetbeam IIIM-R5 -- (yes the latest and greatest) below 50 it takes three clicks to turn on. A bad switch? I'll have to contact the dealer cause it's only been a week and it's crap!

3. Two Lumapower Trust-1 – Threads are crap and quality is not worth what I paid (output on AA is blown away by 2+ year old D10).

4. Two ITP A3 EOS – Small bright seems like a great value. Big thumbs up!

To Top it off I tried to use my 4sevens (1 year old) 2x123 light (a crappy backup) and it wouldn't turn on! I had to tighten the switch with needle nose pliers! Maybe I'm the ultimate flashlight torture tester?

Sure I use them in all kinds of weather (snow, rain, salt, below freezing etc.)… but really? Why Can't I find a deceit flashlight? Does anybody use a flashlight daily they can recommend?

So I am going back to use my old lights (D10, EagleTac T100c2, home made, Dinotte) and done with buying anymore!

Signed,

Frustrated with flashlights!