Lenser H14

MaxdOut

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of a reputable vender that carries the Lenser H14? The H7 does not have enough runtime at full power and not sure of my modding skills.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Check out the Fenix HP20 btw, imo its a much better light.
It's much brighter than the H14 and easy brighter than the fenix hp10.

The H14 can be bought from Amazon and many UK shops. Don't know any US sources, since i'm posting from my iPhone.

MaxdOut

Newly Enlightened
I saw the Fenix HP20 and thinking about that too, but really like the flood to focus on the H14. There was also a review on Amazon regarding how the remote switch failed on two different HP20s. I wanted to read more about both but it does not seem there is much interest in these two models.

MaxdOut

Newly Enlightened
Did you mean HP10? I saw that too, but wanted more of a hip mount for AAs, plus did not like the turbo to high after three minut thing. The HP20 does have a flip down diffuser that one can purchase seperately but a breaking switch was alittle detering.

lsirota

Newly Enlightened
Hello. New member here.

I have been trying to choose a new headlamp and have it down to the HP20 or the H14. I need something for close-up work in a lighted procedure room, to use as supplemental lighting for work at hands length. Like the idea of a battery pack that can be placed on my hip, and used to turn the lamp on or off, ergo - the Fenix or Led Lenser.

Suggestions?

Someone mentioned the HP20 was much brighter - have you compared the two. They both seem to have similar specs.

Anyone ever try the egear x-flare pro? Lists at 350 lumens.

Thanks

MaxdOut

Newly Enlightened
From reading, not experience...
HP20 - Regulated, hip mount battery pack and remote on wire. Diffuser (which you will need for close work) can be bought separately but is not included. Amazon had one review stating the remote wire control broke.
H14 - Not regulated (at least that's what people have been saying), ability to hip mount or head mount battery pack as well as different light mount options (I like these options and can see where they can be beneficial). Variable spot to flood focus built in (really nice). Can't find it in the US (really sucks).

I was looking for more info for both as well but really did not find much either.

That egear x-flare pro - here is a web sit that has a beam shot http://www.essentialgear.com/store/p/151-X-Flare-Pro-Focus-Control-400-Headlamp.html the square spot I could not live with.