Solarforce L2r switch upgrade?

onetrickpony

Enlightened
Hey, everybody. I just received the above mentioned flashlight from solarforce-sales.com and within seconds the switch died. I did my research ahead of time on the flashlight itself and others have mentioned that this is an unfortunately common occurrence.

I'm still happy with my $21 purchase, just wondering if a McClicky or something will pop right in or if the smaller size of the tailcap means I need to source my own switch and mount it on the factory board and spring assembly.

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

srfreddy

Enlightened
Hey, everybody. I just received the above mentioned flashlight from solarforce-sales.com and within seconds the switch died. I did my research ahead of time on the flashlight itself and others have mentioned that this is an unfortunately common occurrence.

I'm still happy with my $21 purchase, just wondering if a McClicky or something will pop right in or if the smaller size of the tailcap means I need to source my own switch and mount it on the factory board and spring assembly.

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Email them and ask for another one.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
Their switch design is very weak, I took it apart trying to see if there was an easy fix and there's no way I would trust it. I ended up taking a forward clicky out of a Led Lenser I've had apart for a long time. Very nice little switch, and it fit right onto the old board. Thanks anyway.