4sevens lights: For non-original purchasers = NO SOURCE for WARRANTY to be honored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphazeta

Enlightened
Fellow Cpfers
I have an observation that is pertinent for all 4sevens light owners who did not obtain their lights from a 4sevens dealer.

For example, if you obtained your 4sevens light via:
  • trade/purchase on CPFMP
  • auction sites
  • third-party sellers on markets such as those on amazon.com
  • as a gift (i.e. secret santa)
  • basically any source other than one attributable to a 4sevens dealer.

...rereading the warranty policy on 4sevens.com, I gather that lights obtained in this facet will have no source for repair/warranty. Of course I understand, accept and agree with the need for a business to adopt this policy.

However without a clear source to the manufacturer of 4sevens lights, I think owners of these lights are left out in the dark with no where to turn to when issues arise with their lights.

If my interpretation on the warranty policies of these "non dealer obtained 4sevens lights" are not in error, then I think it's important for CPF members to keep this in mind whilst obtaining these lights.

-AZ

To the mods: I was unclear as to whether this post should be presented in the 4sevens subforum. In the end, I did not believe that is should. However, if it needs to be locked & relocated, then please assist me in that. Thank you.

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
Have you had an issue? Have you tried contacting them and asking about this particular issue? The standard on paper warranty offered with any product seems lackluster these days especially since most of us have become accustomed to extremely high standards of customer care. Just because some fine print says so, does not make it so.

Of course if they state they will only do warranty work with a receipt, I accept that as fair. When I buy a 2nd hand product, I also accept that should a problem arise necessitating a repair, that I will be paying for that out of my pocket.

alphazeta

Enlightened
Have you had an issue? Have you tried contacting them and asking about this particular issue? The standard on paper warranty offered with any product seems lackluster these days especially since most of us have become accustomed to extremely high standards of customer care. Just because some fine print says so, does not make it so.

Of course if they state they will only do warranty work with a receipt, I accept that as fair. When I buy a 2nd hand product, I also accept that should a problem arise necessitating a repair, that I will be paying for that out of my pocket.

Yes, I had an issue & did contact them but that was not point of my post. My issue is not with 4sevens.com the dealer. As I had noted in the OP, I have no problem with their warranty policy.

Having to pay for a repair on a "2nd hand" light is not the issue for me.
However, it's the lack of a transparent point of contact for 4sevens the manufacturer that is the point of my post. Without a contact that isn't a dealer, there is no possibility for arranging a repair at my cost.

This is not the case with all manufacturers. Again I'm :dedhorse: but, the point of the post is not a "which brand's warranty is better & why", etc... It's more about pointing out a deficiency & the possibility of a provision would be desirable for such a lapse of end-user support.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread makes zero sense, the op agrees with the policy but seems to believe that 4Sevens is not the manufacturer and that he (the OP) can't contact the manufacturer for a non warranty repair, well I see an address/email/phone# for 4Sevens right on their site. :shrug:

Norm

Retired Administrator
This belongs in the Marketplace or preferably ask 4sevens directly.
Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.