just some beam shots in the fog

torino

Newly Enlightened
hey al

it was very foggy and made some nice lightsaber pictures :naughty:

it was so foggy that the sr 90 intimedator seemed to throw no further than 50 meters :candle:

here the link

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=86C3TBQJ
powered by
google-logo.png

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy torino and welcome to CPF,
Thanks for the beamshots. Some of those do indeed look exactly like a lightsaber. Neat. Next time try putting a red filter on your flashlight :).

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool pics. Now I am wondering if on a really foggy night, if a couple of throwers with different color lenses on them would look like a light saber battle

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real nice!

It's funny how every lights give the impression to cut off suddenly at a certain distance, even lasers.

+1 one on trying filters; as many as you can. There was a thread about which color would help most in the fog, and a lot of guys offered to do the test, but apparently the fog didn't hit anyone until we all forgot about it.

Cool pics. Now I am wondering if on a really foggy night, if a couple of throwers with different color lenses on them would look like a light saber battle

I've been dreaming of filming an actual "light saber" fight with my cousin, but we've never hit dense enough fog. Hopefully we'll get some this summer.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be logical, since that is the preferred color for fog lights, but some say that orange should be better.... so I'd like to have some closure on this, but not too many people have yellow and orange filters... anything that can be used as a filter, even an empty CD case would at least give us an idea.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmmmm.......... I happen to live in an area where dense fog is somewhat common, I happen to have a Lee Filter sample pack which contains just about every color filter known to man, and I happen to carry a camera with me everywhere I go.......... hmmmmmmm.........

I'll start carrying the Lee Filter sample pack with me and the next foggy night I'll see what I can do.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmmmm.......... I happen to live in an area where dense fog is somewhat common, I happen to have a Lee Filter sample pack which contains just about every color filter known to man, and I happen to carry a camera with me everywhere I go.......... hmmmmmmm.........

I'll start carrying the Lee Filter sample pack with me and the next foggy night I'll see what I can do.

:twothumbs :popcorn: Your results should make for a popular thread.

Looking forward to it!

Socue521

Newly Enlightened
Awesome pics man :thothumps:

I cant wait till it gets foggy again here in Denmark, because i just bought a new light...And i wanna take pictures =D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Derek: any luck with some pictures yet?

There's a bunch of us trying to figure out what would work best on this thread

Even simple comments on your results would be greatly welcome!

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
Great thread ! Here is a image of the Catapult V2 SST-50 on a very foggy morning in South Florida.

picture_005_57037.jpg

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real obvious difference. Now you make me want a high cree light... now, let's see if I can get that duct tape off my wallet!

Latest posts