how do they compare

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2aa mag with a white luxeon inretech in it. How do the lexeon arcs compare to the inretech?? In terms of throw and brightness?? Might just have to have one of these..

Thanks!! snapper

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I think they both have NX optics. Arc's high dome emitter (presuming you buy a high dome Arc) casts a somewhat tighter beam through the optic, so...better throw. Current flowing from the batteries to the Inretech just goes through a simple resistor. It will start out fairly bright but fade quickly to a level that then slowly tapers off over a very long time. The Arc LS products are controlled by sophisticated circuitry. Output starts off brighter than the Inretech and holds constant (within 95% of initial brightness) until the batteries are about dead. This takes 2 - 3 hours depending on your batteries and use pattern. Then the Arc drops into a "moon" mode, about as bright as an Arc AAA, until you scrounge up a new battery.

I do not own an Inretech, so I cannot comment on which is the "better" setup. They are really apples & oranges. Inretech = less expensive and good for long (but less bright) burns. The Arc's much smaller size makes it a good high output short burn light. I like my Arc LS. Great EDC.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Inretech (white) with lithiums puts out almost as much light as my LSH-P. However, the LSH-P has a much whiter beam, and will throw slightly farther due to the HD LS. But for distances up to about 30 feet, the Inretech does basically as well as the LSH-P for illuminating objects. The color of my Inretech: bluish hotspot, and yellowish corona, LSH-P: beautifully white.

onelight

Enlightened
the ARC LS is much much brighter when the inretec is run on alkaline batteries and the LS is still a lot brighter when the inretech is run on lithium batteries .If you go to the review section of the CPF you will find great reviews of both lights.I like the unregulated lights like the inretech for things like backpacking or in emergency kits where the long but diminishing output gets the most from each battery.For day to day use I prefer regulated or rechageable lights (I recharge before they start to dim)The LS has constant output for most of the life of the battery and works great on rechargeables with the 2-AA pak.I carry low output lights ARC-AAA I want my brighter light to be much brighter with out having to through away good batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.