LD10 or Lumintop 1A - Pocket carry light users step in

DutyLight

Newly Enlightened
In the search for a 14500/AA pocket light with as much throw as my Quark AA2 Turbo I came up with these two since the UI is simple and the reflectors are smooth.

Post your opinions. High lux is what I am after out of a light with a simple ui, and compatable with both the above mentioned cells.

Just to note, the light should preferably have a steady output. My AA Turbo tends to flicker after a few minutes of use. $75 is my ballpark limit for this light.

Thanks in advance.

cistallus

Enlightened
The Xeno E03 XM-L really blasts out on a 14500 - it's not really a thrower but pours out so much light that it might reach out far enough to serve your needs. Steady output and a simple UI. At $30 it's easy to try (look for it in the CPF Marketplace).

Deal4

Enlightened
All I can coment on is the L1A as it is the only one of these two that I have experience with. It has great throw though I only used eneloops in mine. I have heard that it really takes off on 14500! The head does a great job getting the beam out there, and the beam pattern is flawless, which is hard to find with a smooth reflector! I'd recommend it.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a better thrower the L1A does a nice job, I have the L1C which has the same head as the L1A and I really like it. They are good EDC light's for the price and even thought the reflector is smooth my beam is really nice, the L1A supports 14500 and the LD10 officially does not.

If you get the L1A and have no Li-Ion's now would be a good time to pick up a couple 14500's and a charger.

DutyLight

Newly Enlightened
Another condensed I see that supports 14500 is the ThruNite Neutron 1AA.

Any feedback on that light?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another condensed I see that supports 14500 is the ThruNite Neutron 1AA.

Any feedback on that light?

The Neutrons are all floody lights. If you're looking for throw, the Neutrons should not be on your short list.

--flatline