1500lm lamp, newby questions

DeepB

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I want to build a light that has about 1500 lumen. it is going to be a canister dive light, but i post it in this forum because my questions are not related to dive-lights but general led-lights.

I thought about using a Triple Cree XP-G, which has about 1400lm at approx 16W (3* 3.6V, 1,5A)
Cree XP-G (sorry the shop is in german)

Optics: i am looking for optics that provide approx a 9° beam.

Battery: What batterys would there be to consider? I am planning to solder them all together, and only charge over the +/- cable that is the result. The weight is not really important, although lighter is better (right now I have an Lead Acid tank lamp). I would like to run the lamp 5+hours, and the battery(pack) should be as cheap as possible without compromising the weight/volume factor too much. (I dont want to use lead-acid, anything else is debatable) And they should be available in Europe, or possibility to send them there without paying a fortune)

Driver: I do not yet know which one to pick. Is it possible to make ones own? I know how to use a soldering iron. I do not need dimming, or any other thing, just dirt simple.

sorry if these questions are already covered,

regards
Daniel

Last edited: