• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

An idea for better efficiency at Peak

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to tell Peak how to run their business, but it might be easier to assemble parts which might facilitate more orders from Bob. For example, I've bveen looking for a 17500 Logan in brass. Just wondering if there is any reason Curt can;t just pump out heads in all materials Aluminum, Brass, SS, Ti for all models and then churn out bodies in all types and materials and sent that to Bob and he can assemble them. Sorry Bob not meaning for you to have a higher workload, just thinking out loud that more orders can go through and more business achieved. I've been patiently waiting for a couple of months now for the Logan QTC 17500s in brass while the SS version is available. Just wondering if releasing all versions in all materials simultaneously might be the better way to go and shipping them to retailers in pieces for them to assemble might garner more orders than waiting for a specific light to arrive say a QTC version of a cr2 Voltan in a lug body. See how specific that would need to be to be available on it's own? Would be easier to be assembled than waiting for that specific item. The person that is interested in this item won't wait around a few months for that item unless they are a more obsessed person than myself and I'm pretty OCD (just being honest).

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is your post really appropriate in the Peak sub Form? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice idea BoL, though I'm not sure Bob will agree (as if he doesn't have enough to do already)! :whoopin: But as inventory stands now, I'd have to buy two Peaks for my configuration- one just for the head, because it's currently only matched with bodies I don't want, then later one just for the body if & when Al pocket bodies are ever made again (in QTC only, obviously).

Though one could always swap the bodies & heads, keep the configuration you want, then flip the other one. Someone out there's bound to want the exact opposite as you. But ultimately I agree, it would be great if all the customized options were truly customizable instead of preconfigured in certain combinations only.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really like the Peak lights, just be patient. It's a small operation, doing "custom" work.

Personally, I'm waiting for them to get caught up before purchasing anything new., because I want to mix and match bodies.
It's not like I don't have other lights to tide me over.

Once they get caught up, they will supply Bob with extra bodies which will be sold under the accessories tab on his site.
In the mean time I,m practicing restraint (except for modding parts and batteries of course):whistle:, and letting my PP balance grow (slowly). :)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a aluminum Logan QTC I bought off the marketplace so it is tiding me over for now.