Sunwayman V10R TI differences?

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
I just received a New Sunwayman V10R Ti, could have thought I read a couple threads of other owners noticing a few differences from the first two batches. Anyone have a link or know what the differences might be.

Seems like a great light but it doesn't look like it is a 210 lumen light OTF, I'm comparing it to my 2.5 year old HDS Executive 140 which smokes the V10R when white wall lighting, I don't have any equipment to test lumen output, V10R is actually pretty nice, very smooth variable adjustment ring, nice clicky switch, just seems not so bright on CR123's.
Tried a PowerEx 2700 AA fresh off the charger and it is about the the same as the CR123, then tried an AW RCR123 definitely a visually perceived increase in brightness So, maybe 210 lumens is from an RCR not a primary,eh still a pretty nice pocket light.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
For overall lumen output try doing a ceiling bounce test between the two lights in a dark room and see which one lights the room up more. White wall beamshots will always favor the light which throws better not necessarily the one that is brightest.

wuyeah

Enlightened
I had V10R Ti and BC10 at once. Full battery side by side to eyes, BC10 is noticeable brighter. Not much brighter. BC10 tint appear to be more cool. I put both of them on floor pointing high ceiling they appear to perform some what equal. That is why I decided to sold BC10. Not only V10R Ti looks amazing but also I found variable brightness light is more useful than two stage BC10. Especially BC10 low is too bright for anyone or me who wish to work close up. Brightness isn't the judgment call for me to keep a light.
I think there is V10R Ti clip thread a member showed his two V10R Ti. One appear to me bright chrome the other appear slightly gray. Mine appear close to slightly gray one. Mine also came without flickering.

I have also emailed Sunwayman with few suggestions on V10R Ti. I told them the black clip appear to be a sloppy move which customer can careless but it is an bad image on Sunwayman. I have also suggested them to come out with accessories bezel option such as wave bezel, blunt bezel and strike bezel. Since the current flat bezel can be unscrew. They responded with great attitude and will try to improve their future products.

oh, I have also suggested to remove their URL on the flashlight body.

Last edited:

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the links and the suggestions. I went outside last night with a freshly charged AW rechargeable ICR123 750mah Now, the V10R Ti definitely came to life overall brighter,better throw, got real hot:devil: when on high for 10-15min duration. Also did the ceiling bounce check with fresh CR123 primaries in the HDS clicky 140 and the V10R not much difference. So, it's not really a 210 lumen light but can be. :whistle:Don't know if I want to run on rechargeable's my mind thought is, the heat will have some sort of detrimental effect in the long run. As far as changes, looks like the ramping up or soft start, and the LOP style reflector is about all I see from the linked posts.