Holsters and Carry Options

Quiksilver

Enlightened
Hi CPF,

I have a few lights that I want to carry but don't have any carry options at the moment besides "bottom of the pocket" carry.

1. HDS Rotary

No pocket clip.
Holster = $50 <--------------> Is this the only way to carry it? Any creative minds out there figured out other useful ways of having it on their person?

I usually have it on my possession, but in an EDC case. Would like to have it on my person and thus far the 4Sevens Preon 2--due to form factor and pocket clip--is the one I reach for.

2. Surefire 6P & 6PX Pro

I have both of the above, and no carry options right now. Specific purpose is backpacking and hiking. I want one of the two on me.

Surefire holsters:

The good ones are expensive (eg. Z85A) and the cheap ones won't last very long due to the Velcro. I want a holster that 'snaps' on, with a solid button. Not too keen on Velcro, but I wouldn't mind a button/velcro combo. That has deterred me from the cheaper Z series Surefire holsters among others.

Other part of the carry system that I have already is my old trusty 5.11 1-3/4" duty belt.

Lastly:

CR123 cells? What are some methods of carrying them safely, specifically for EDC and wilderness backpacking. I don't want to spend $100 on some overpriced piece of milled-out titanium. I saw some good ones at CountryComm, are those the cheapest/best?

--

Thank you.

Regards,

QS

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Google for "Thor's hammer custom leather". I carry my HDS Clicky in one of his holsters and am very happy with it. It also carries a spare CR123 under the light.

I've also had luck making a lanyard out of some spare cord (attached via a simple constrictor knot) and attaching a P7 suspension clip at the end so that it can hang in my pocket.

--flatline