4.8V solution for new 2C mag

richpalm

Banned
Title says it all... I can fit an IMR 26650 in after I've stripped off the wrap. Glued the insulating ring back on the + end so no shorting risk. Works fine with no hack-job sanding or filing.

However, to get max performance I need to bump it up to 4.8V. Any ideas?

Please don't mention boring or machining-no access or money to do so. Same with unaffordable/unavailable/vaporware tailcaps. This must be a simple, no-machining process.

I do know about the small sub-C's that Battery Junction sells-I have four in a 2D that I did-but would require unobtainium parts for a 2C.

Thanks,

Rich

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like your design on that light. I think that putting the XPGs up on the sidewall of the heat sink was a unique idea.

I agree that although the driver claims to be able to handle 6V its not very realistic. About the only other things I can think of that would give similar voltage to the 4x 2/3A cells would be maybe 4 nicads. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004J0RZS2/?tag=cpf0b6-20

If your driver is heat sinked, under a load the voltage from 4 of these would probly sag to around the voltage your looking for.

Foxx510

Enlightened
Another cpf user has mentioned that he can fit 4 aaa cells in his 2c mag, so that might be worth trying, in the aim of putting 8 in there in series parallel. It will be tight if it fits at all. I guess there are variants of the 2 body and some aaa cells will be larger that others.