Cree xm-l t6 1600lm 5 mode - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! i have killed it

simonice

Newly Enlightened
Hiya! newbie to led torches needs help. i bought a 1600lm cree t6 torch from ebay and got annoyed with the 5 mode operation. I use the lamp for shooting so wanted on/off operation.

I gave the torch to a friend that took to apart and tried to wire out the 5 modes but now it wont work at all.

I have decided to buy a single mode driver for the led, could anyone tell me if this one would be ok for my 1600led?

DX SKU 20330

I would be grateful for any help the guys in the know can offer. Thanks

Simon

Sales Link Removed, replaced by SKU - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

yazovyet

Enlightened
we'd need to know more about the light to help out. how mnay LEDs, what batteries does it use, if you have it open a picture of the driver that was in it might be nice.

simonice

Newly Enlightened
Hiya! sorry i should have given more detail.

Here goes......

Its a ebay torch.(item number 270792021644) Runs on 2x 18650 Lithium batteries. Single XM-L T6 Cree LED.

Anyway, while we were messing with it, We seperated the driver board from the control board, as i just wanted it to run as on or off. No fancy flashing and SOS stuff. When powered up the control board works spot on. 4 output pins. 1 ground, 1 +v, 1 signal (changes with power cycle) and one other which seemed to be a feed of some kind.

This was probed out using a scope BTW.

2011-11-11081828.jpg

2011-11-11081857.jpg

2011-11-11081959.jpg

This is the guts of it. Ignore the extra wires on the battery pad, they were for bench power.

I plan to replace the driver and keep the LED so could anyone tell me if the driver listed above from DX with run it ok?

Si

moderator007

Enlightened
I have tested this driver up to 3.37 amps by changing the sense resistor. It probably will not survive in a enclosed flashlight at that current without some type of heatsink. My finds are in this thread. I do like the driver for single mode 2 li-ion powered builds with the xml.