What's Wrong with my M61L???

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, Gene sent me a replacement for my M60L that went teets-up. Now I got an M61L, but the problem is, on 3 cells, it starts off white, but gets extremely blue in a matter of seconds (the light is a C3-BK). I'm using SF123's, and have no idea what's going on, but obviously removed it and only feel safe using it in my 2 cell models. Is this normal? Anybody else experience this?

HELP! Thanks!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda lost...because, my M60L just died prematurely as well...and I was running it on 9-Volts. I know Gene will make it right, but I'm kinda perplexed. Maybe the "L" models don't handle 9-volts a s well as the regular models???

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Nah, they are good to 9V. Just a really, really bad coincidence that you had problems with 2 different Malkoff's...
Full moon?

(Silly question, but they are 3V primaries, right? Not 4.2V rechargeables right? :) )

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked one time and Gene said 3 primaries work fine, no problem. (M61LL HCRI)

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, they are good to 9V. Just a really, really bad coincidence that you had problems with 2 different Malkoff's...
Full moon?

(Silly question, but they are 3V primaries, right? Not 4.2V rechargeables right? :) )

LOL! Yeah, I was using 3 SF123's. The only R/C's i ever use are duraloops or B65's. Just seems weird, since this was sent as a replacement, and now this one doesn't want to work.