Inova T4 Warranty

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the older original Inova T4. My wife was camping several weeks ago, dropped it, and told me it would no longer work. I removed the battery and was able to get it working for a few weeks, but now it will not charge when on the charging cradle. Ironically, it will light up while in the charging cradle and I thought it was designed to not do not. So, obviously, something has broken and I am wondering if it if worth contacting Inova for repair or if the cost of repair is likely to exceed the current value of the light. Granted, I will email them, but I would like to hear the experience of others to know what to expect.

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
I have returned three of the Inova T4 lights. I had to pay to send it in for repair. They were the original T4 lights. I had to pay $40 for each light and they sent me the newest model T4. Not exactly the best outcome but a pretty good one for me.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for the reply. I doubt that I will be able to locate the original purchase documents, so all things considered, that probably isn't all that bad of a scenario. How does the newer T4 compare to the older one from your perspective? I seem to recall that it may be a bit brighter. Is that true? Also, are there any other significant differences?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for the reply. I doubt that I will be able to locate the original purchase documents, so all things considered, that probably isn't all that bad of a scenario. How does the newer T4 compare to the older one from your perspective? I seem to recall that it may be a bit brighter. Is that true? Also, are there any other significant differences?

The newer T4 is a bit brighter and has multi modes. My T4 was an original with a replaceable lense. The newer T4's lenses are not replaceable. Mine still sits in a draw broken. I was never really impressed with the light so I haven't warranteed it yetfor the $40.

tekguy

Newly Enlightened
I just sent my t4 to nightize with a bad switch. 3 weeks later I got the same light with new 4 stage switch new battery and new led. A lot brighter and a lot warmer. Didn't cost me anything except to pay for shipping to get the light to them. The guy that handled the claim was Seth. Really good service. Email and they will give you a claim number and send them the light

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
Inova/NiteIze sent me a prepaid shipping label to return my T4 via email. I received my repaired light approximately 3 weeks later. I submitted a warranty request through their website and recevied a response in 2 business days to get the return. Absolutely NO CHARGE to me.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pre-nite ize, Inova's CS was pretty horrid, in my experience.

I need to send one in to Nite Ize, and hopefully, things have improved.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent my t4 to nightize with a bad switch. 3 weeks later I got the same light with new 4 stage switch new battery and new led. A lot brighter and a lot warmer. Didn't cost me anything except to pay for shipping to get the light to them. The guy that handled the claim was Seth. Really good service. Email and they will give you a claim number and send them the light

Curious, was your light an early model with a replaceable lense ? I was told because mine was there would be a $40 charge. They figured it was an upgrade because the newer model has multi modes and that was why there was a charge. They no longer serviced the old model.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did get two replies today. They both say:

".....Thank you for taking time to contact Nite Ize and your inquiry regarding your Inova T4 Flashlight.

I'm very sorry that you are experiencing an issue with your INOVA product. We do offer a limited lifetime warranty for all INOVA products stating that we will either repair or replace your product to ensure that it works properly. In order to begin this warranty process we will need to inspect your flashlight.

To begin the process, please send the serial # on your T4, which can be found on the handle of the flashlight. Please let me know if there isn't one.

As soon as I receive this information, I will issue you an RMA # and we can begin to move forward with your claim. Your support of Nite Ize products is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to assist you.

All the Best,....."

Mine does have a six character serial number, so I will pass that along to them. It will be interesting to see if the repair it or replace it and what, if any, charge there is to me.

Curious, was your light an early model with a replaceable lens ? I was told because mine was there would be a $40 charge. They figured it was an upgrade because the newer model has multi modes and that was why there was a charge. They no longer serviced the old model.

Although mine is an early model, I am not sure if it has a replaceable lens. I guess if they repair or replace it I will be happy. I doesn't get a lot of use, but it is dead simple. We charge it about once a month and it has always been good to go. Once I get the Pelican 7060 replacement tail cap, and the T4 repaired or replaced, I should be good for a while. My old employer provided me with a Streamlight Stinger DS C4 LED flashlight and now my new employer does, too.

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did get a reply this afternoon:

".....Thank you, James.

My apologies for not being able to get back to you sooner.

You have the original model T4, the A-series model. It could be that you just need a new battery. They have about a 2-yr maximum shelf-life. You can find the A-series batteries at the following websites: www.batteryjunction.com and www.batterystation.com.

Unfortunately, the "A" Series T4 flashlight is no longer being manufactured and so we are unable to fix it. In 2007, Emissive Energy changed the T4 considerably. However, for individuals that have the old A-series T4, we are offering the option of purchasing the newest model T4, which has 227 Lumens, instead of the 135 of the A-series, a new series charging unit and the new series battery, all for $39.99.

If you are interested in upgrading, we would create a Return Merchandise Authorization for the A-series flashlight that you have, so you can send it, along with the charging cradle to us. Once we get those items, we will put in the order for your new T4 flashlight.

Let me know if you have questions.

All the best....."

Just for fun, I checked the following URLs: http://www.batterystation.com/flashlight_batteries.htm http://www.batteryjunction.com/old-t4-bo-2006-t4-battery.html
The Battery station is $25.95 with shipping, so in my way of thinking the $39.99 is pretty much a "no brainer"! Sure, it will cost $39.99, plus the cost of shipping the old T4, but I will end up with a brand new Inova T4. It looks like a new Inova T4 http://www.niteize.com/products/inova-t4-rechargeable has an MSRP of $149.99 (with a street price less, of course).

Also, my oldest son is a sheriff's explorer and I see that they offer a Red Signal Cone for $4.99. I am just curious is anybody here has the signal cone and, if so, is it good quality? I considering that it is reasonably enough priced, I might just spring for one.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the white cone and it is great for camping or room lighting. Good quality. The red should be just as good. They are not expensive. Try one!

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though I replied to the previous email last week, today I got this email from the same customer service representative!

".....Thank you, Jim.

I did receive the Serial #: (AAxxxx). My apologies for not being able to get back to you sooner.

You have the original model T4, the A-series model. It could be that you just need a new battery. They have about a 2-yr maximum shelf-life. You can find the A-series batteries at the following websites: www.batteryjunction.com and www.batterystation.com.

Unfortunately, the "A" Series T4 flashlight is no longer being manufactured and so we are unable to fix it. In 2007, Emissive Energy changed the T4 considerably. However, for individuals that have the old A-series T4, we are offering the option of purchasing the newest model T4, which has 227 Lumens, instead of the 135 of the A-series, a new series charging unit and the new series battery, all for $39.99.

If you are interested in upgrading, we would create a Return Merchandise Authorization for the A-series flashlight that you have, so you can send it, along with the charging cradle to us. Once we get those items, we will put in the order for your new T4 flashlight.

Let me know if you have questions.

All the best....."

I already had told them last week that I wanted to do the $39.99 upgrade! So, in comparison to Pelican Customer Service, Pelican is hands down better than Inova in my mind.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I guess I am making some headway. I did get the email yesterday giving me a choice of three way to go, so I am shipping just the original Inova T4 and cradle to them. They did not want the battery and charging cable returned. So, hopefully sooner rather than later, I should have a new Inova T4 and a red signal cone!

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got the new Inova T4 delivered today. I connected the old wall wart and topped off the battery. The light is pretty nice and I think it is an improvement over the original T4. I did also get a red traffic cone. A little while earlier tonight I compared the Inova T4 to my Pelican 7060 and I think the Inova T4 is brighter and has better throw!