My eagletac p20c2 MKII XM-L randomly loses general mode, help!

Hondakilla98

Newly Enlightened
I just got my new eagletac p20c2 MKII XM-L. I'm running it on AW 17670 and have also tried it on CR123 primaries. You twist the head to change modes, and sometimes that works. Other times I loosen the head to get general mode and the light just turns off. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried taking the whole light part and putting it back together, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Hondakilla98

Newly Enlightened
I just switched back to primaries and its working again. So I put two primaries end to end next to the AW 17670. The 17670 is shorter. I wonder if I need to get a spacer of some sort for my rechargables?

vickers214

Enlightened
Mine works fine on the aw 17670, but from what you are saying it does sound like an battery issue, how about trying an et 17670 that are just coming out? How much are you loosening the head by the way?

Hondakilla98

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 3-aw17670. This is the only flashlight I have that uses these cells. I don't want to not use $30 in cells. When I say loosen I mean maybe a 1/8 turn. Not much at all. Can I maybe get a thin magnet or something?

vickers214

Enlightened
I see yours is the xml 750 lumens version, it has a differently designed drop in for heat dissipation so it could be due to cell length.is your spring compressed in the tail cap? If not try a magnet