Lumintop L1C 230 lumens 1 cr123 battery

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
I dont really need it but i am interested in what you all have to say about it ?
Thanks ,
Bill

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking pocket thrower.
Has anybody with this light actually used RCR123s,
was it much brighter?

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello! Lumintop L1C user here! It's a nice light, pretty good throw for a tiny light, the reflector's smooth and quite deep, it really maximizes the XPG R5 emitter.

It takes CR123 primaries or RCR123s which are unprotected. You can use protected RCR123s but you lose the ability to change modes. So whatever mode you had it on, will be the only mode it will run on.

Pretty tight light, i've been EDC'ing mine for about a year now.

It has a cheaper cousin of similar size and throw, its the P1C, for 20 bucks cheaper, but you get only two modes and no Strobe.

Oh yeah, the L1C has SS on the bezel and on the tail. the P1C doesnt.

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
do it, you wont regret it. I have the p1c and love it. Great little thrower and it has a neutral tint, which i love. Jason at tactical HID is a great guy to deal with.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking the past few days as I've been carrying my L1C what a great little light it is, small with great throw nice beam and inexpensive. I have more expensive brighter pocket light's but none that small with that combo of flood and throw more towards the throw part. I often find myself going back to the L1C, it's certainly in my rotation. The L1C has a E1L feel to it in my pocket and while I'm using it but it does not use TIR optics so it has more spill.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, to be fair, i've been searching for a good alternate light to this L1C, you may want to check out the Dereelight Javelin head with a C2H body. Same relative size, designed for throw. One mode only though.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed the clip on the P1C is not like the very useful L1C dual-way pocket/hat clip.

Lumintop website says they are the same length,
and they both accept RCR123.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
Hi , I did get the Lumintop L1C an it is really sweet .It really is short so i have to have a lanyard on it so i dont drop it . My question is when i tighten an loosen the head to cycle through the modes you can hear the battery as it rubs on the contacs . When i take the battery out it dont make the noise so thats how i know its the battery .Does anyone else have this problem.Thanks .
Bill

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi , I did get the Lumintop L1C an it is really sweet .It really is short so i have to have a lanyard on it so i dont drop it . My question is when i tighten an loosen the head to cycle through the modes you can hear the battery as it rubs on the contacs . When i take the battery out it dont make the noise so thats how i know its the battery .Does anyone else have this problem.Thanks .
Bill

Hello! Glad to hear from you again! Told you you'd love the light! hehe :) What kind of battery are you using? Have you tried switching it out with other batteries? So far i've never had any issues like that with my Lumintop and i've had this for over a year now. I just lube the threads with DeoxIt Gold from the 4Sevens website and the o-ring I apply the jetbeam silicon-based grease, that's about it.