Help me find a light please...

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I know absolutely nothing about bike lights, I haven't owned one since the 70's (generator on the back wheel). I recently purchased a new cruiser bike, and would like to get a light for it. My desired criteria is as follows...

*Doesn't need to be screaming bright, I'll be riding on roads and paved trails.

*Good mix of flood and throw.

*Needs to be black and fit the style of the bike.

*Shouldn't be cumbersome, smaller is better in this case.

*Budget up to $200

Since I know nothing about what is even available these days, what are the other considerations I need to be made aware of?

ttoshi

Newly Enlightened
Since you're a flashaholic, I would just use a flashlight. Something like the Fenix LD20 with lockblock is probably sufficient. Why would you want to spend money on a light that would cost more than your bike? Did I just get trolled?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you're a flashaholic, I would just use a flashlight. Something like the Fenix LD20 with lockblock is probably sufficient. Why would you want to spend money on a light that would cost more than your bike? Did I just get trolled?

Good point, but my bike cost more than $200 :devil:

Question, where do you get the handlebar mount flashlight holder?

Oh, and what is the troll comment supposed to mean?

ttoshi

Newly Enlightened
Just google twofish lockblock and you'll see plenty of buying choices. I thought perhaps that you are making fun of bicyclists who pay $200 for lights and were baiting us for a response. Also, cyclists are often made fun of for their sense of style, so maybe your matching light could be conjectured to be making fun of cyclists too...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolled

Last edited:

sygyzy

Enlightened
Can you answer some questions?

What type of batteries do you want to use (AA? Rechargeable? Li-On?)

Do you care if you can swap/remote the batteries or not?

Do you care about charging ports?

How are you going to mount the light?

Are you going to use a dynamo?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just google twofish lockblock and you'll see plenty of buying choices. I thought perhaps that you are making fun of bicyclists who pay $200 for lights and were baiting us for a response. Also, cyclists are often made fun of for their sense of style, so maybe your matching light could be conjectured to be making fun of cyclists too...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolled

No, I'm just OCD like that :whistle:

Can you answer some questions?

What type of batteries do you want to use (AA? Rechargeable? Li-On?) RCR's or Li-ions

Do you care if you can swap/remote the batteries or not? Not really

Do you care about charging ports? Not really familiar with the options.

How are you going to mount the light? I'd like to be able to remove it easily.

Are you going to use a dynamo? I have no idea what that is.

pick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations, any idea which emitter they use in the Lezyne lights? Would also be nice to know the runtime specs.

did you go to the links?? They all show the run times for each mode for both lights....