NFD: Eagletac G25C2 U2

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
So, it's been afew years since I picked up a new light. I have a small, but effective group here which consists of:

Fenix L2D Premium 100 (Rebel)
MF DA1 Cree Q5
Romisen Q5 (can't remember the mode 3 AAAs)
Streamlight Stylus Pro (love that little thing)

and I just ordered the Eagletac G25C2 U2 this weekend, and should have it tomorrow. I also picked up the extra tube so I can run a pair of 18650's in it.

Anyway, all of these statisfactory purchases were made through advice from you guys, so thanks! Great bunch here!

ledmitter

Enlightened
So, it's been afew years since I picked up a new light. I have a small, but effective group here which consists of:

Fenix L2D Premium 100 (Rebel)
MF DA1 Cree Q5
Romisen Q5 (can't remember the mode 3 AAAs)
Streamlight Stylus Pro (love that little thing)

and I just ordered the Eagletac G25C2 U2 this weekend, and should have it tomorrow. I also picked up the extra tube so I can run a pair of 18650's in it.

Anyway, all of these statisfactory purchases were made through advice from you guys, so thanks! Great bunch here!

Been seriously considering them after Klarus left a bad taste in my mouth. The G25C2 looks to have some extraordinary build qualities. I love the extension tubes, but I wonder if it's 770 lumens OTF ANSI. If true then it should rock.

overview_hero2.jpg

Last edited:

ledmitter

Enlightened
Eagle-Tac says it is emitter lumens.
Around 550 OTF

Yeah I found it. 640 OTF with the cool white. 551 with the neutral.

LED lumen
XM-L U2 (Cool White) Limited offer only! : 770/320/59/2
XM-L T5 (Neutral White): 665/277/52/2

ANSI FL-12 lumen
XM-L U2 (Cool White) Limited offer only! : 640/267/49/2
XM-L T5 (Neutral White): 551/229/43/12

Can't wait for a selfbuilt review.

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
It's an excellent piece of kit, i am sure you will agree when you get your hands on it.
The quality is very high for the price, and the coloured filter kit is amazing quality for the extra price they are asking. The glass filters are made by Schott of Germany, who just happen to make some of the worlds finest optical glass, for some of the highest quality European binocular manufacturers.
So, very well done Eagletac !

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the vote of confidence in the purchase guys. I'm really looking forward to receiving it!

Edit: It seems the only delay may be in obtaining the Pila IBC that I ordered at the same time. That's going to be frustrating. Flashlightz.com didn't mention any delays in obtaining it, but I'm not sure that they're stocking them locally and I still haven't received a notice of shipping. :(

Last edited:

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Man, i really hope you receive your g25c2 quickly. I live in brazil and ordered mine a month ago, still wainting. My customs hold items too long sometimes. Im dying to put my hands on it. Let us know what you think once you have it! I bet its a lovelly light! :)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to see a Selfbuilt review also. I hope he compares it too the Maelstrom X7 since they are so similar.

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, unfortunately the Pila is backordered as expected. Here's the update I got from the vendor:

"We just received some bad news from Pila on the backordered IBC Battery Charger. They say the chargers won't be available to ship from Asia until the 2nd week of May."

Now I'll have a flashlight sitting around that I can't use for over two months. Any opinions on the Xtar charger? That's probably the best set-and-forget alternative. Would like to keep it under $50 for the charger.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Do you think he is going to review it? Did he say he would? Would like to see that very much!!! :)

scot

Newly Enlightened
Xyrium, there are other places that sell the Pila charger, I just checked a couple sites that have them in stock. Do a search.

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I ordered one from Lighthound yesterday. They didn't send me an order confirmation, but fingers crossed that their online transaction system is working since I got an order number.

lwknight

Enlightened
I tried using 2X18500s by putting the short extender for 3XCR123s and it was a no-go.
The 2 18500s were about 2 mm too long and caused binding and would not work at all.
I wonder why in the cat hair would they not make the 3 cell extender just 1 or 2 mm longer?

My O-light M-30 and Kobalt 500 will work on 2X18500s just fine.

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
You have to buy the 4 cell extender tube (which I did) and it works perfectly. Once attached, this thing becomes a certifiable weapon. The threads on the extender tube were nice and clean, and slipped on perfectly without even a hint of binding. The overall fit and finish on this light is very nice.

Edit: OCD, spelling

Last edited:

ledmitter

Enlightened
You have to buy the 4 cell extender tube (which I did) and it works perfectly. Once attached, this thing becomes a certifiable weapon. The threads on the extender tube were nice and clean, and slipped on perfectly without a even a hint of binding. The overall fit and finish on this light is very nice.

It would probably be illegal in NYC (club). :D No shittin.

lwknight

Enlightened
You have to buy the 4 cell extender tube (which I did) and it works perfectly. Once attached, this thing becomes a certifiable weapon. The threads on the extender tube were nice and clean, and slipped on perfectly without a even a hint of binding. The overall fit and finish on this light is very nice.

I have the 4 cell extender and it works perfectly with 2 18650s
but the 3 cell setup will not work with 2 18​500s

Xyrium

Newly Enlightened
Sounds good. How do you like it compared to your TK60?

One thing that's silly is my dislike of the "Eagtac" logo. I mean, they print Eagletac on oner side of the unit, why not just leave it as is? Eagtac is lame, Eatac would be better, or just leave it as is with the Eagletac logo. That's about the only complaint I have, and that's merely opinion, not a flaw. :)

BTW, I also bought the Eagletac 3100mAH batts, which are being charged by a Pila. So far, so good...

I have the 4 cell extender and it works perfectly with 2 18650s
but the 3 cell setup will not work with 2 18​500s