Non-standard uses?

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I got stuck out in the cold, so I used my stock E2E as a hand warmer. It worked quite well!
What other non-standard ways have you used your flashlights?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
My V10R set on super-low is a great toy for my 1 1/2 year old! He can look right at the emitter and it won't hurt his eyes. This will only work until he learns how to adjust the brightness, which I don't think will be long ;)

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Wait, what? Someone posted about frying bugs and now it's gone. How does that work?:thinking:

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Ah. I hadn't realised that moderators could make post go away entirely. Learn something new every day. Thanks, DM51!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not completely non-standard uses, but I've never seen/heard of anyone else do this:

I've looked at x-ray films with my PD20 and Quark123 to find defects in the film.
I've used the low low on my Q123 to install/remove some screws in a dark room while the operators where manipulating film.
I sometimes use a flashlight to pull that nagging nose hair out (ok, maybe I've read about this once or twice).
I've used a Fenix headand combined with a HP20 to clean the ceiling and walls AFTER having done it a first time without extra lighting - what a difference!

TOTALLY unconventional:
I've traced funky shapes on undevelopped scrap X-ray films just to freak out the lead inspector (you should have seen his face!)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have examined veins in my fingers using a bright flashlight and have heard about a bright flashlight being used as a rudimentary mammogram.

Related info may be found in this article.

labrat

Enlightened
I gave a friend on Iceland this light as a gift a few years ago:

GanpBody.jpg
[/IMG]

He has a small company, building bathrooms, doing refurbishing of older bathrooms, have had at most 5 employees!
The light uses RCR123 cells, has a Wolf Eyes drop in with 2 levels, very bright and even output, slightly bluish.
And he is very happy using the light when inspecting finished bathrooms, as well as checking old ones for damage and leaks!
Moist parts of concrete shows off very good in contrast to dry and unblemished concrete when viewed under the bright output of this light, and this has been a very successful gift!
Also very useful when set in low mode, for outdoor use, walking.
All our friends have been shown off this light by him!