Cryos Cooling Bezel and Surefire C2

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I have a Surefire C2 and I am looking to pick up a Cryos Cooling Bezel for it. I was told that extra lip the Cryos has that is meant to cover the gap between the head and the body could drag against the existing clip, damaging the lip of the Cryos.

I have a Malkoff drop-in in my set-up now. I see that some of the members with a similar set-ups have either modifed the existing C2 clip or added a spacer between the head and the body. Can any one direct me to how the existing C2 the clip is modified to accept a Cryos Cooling Bezel and/or where to find those green/orange spacers as pictured here,

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?318839-Show-your-Cryos-cooling-bezel

Thanks, Rob

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it not just a normal o-ring (not sure what size)? I am interested in the results of this as my brother is getting a Cryos for his C3 and wants to keep the clip as well, but is unsure how. If I had my C2 on me I'd check myself to see what size o-ring is needed, but unfortunately I do not.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
The green GITD and orange O-rings in those pictures are for aesthetics.

If you are going to fit a Cryos to your C2, you'll have to remove the clip. I'd recommend that you also get the Triad tailcap with McClicky and stainless steel clip on it.

c2_centurion_bling.jpg

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi
Just get the standard Cryos bezel and mod the clip.I prefer the look of the standard Cryos over the lipless version.

It is a piece of cake to modify the clip. I just take the pointed ends off the end of the clip paint the bare metal that you just grinded off so it does not rust and you're done.
I prefer the look of the standard Surefire clip myself.

cheers

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the comments. Can someone direct me to someone that would mod the clip to accept the bezel? I dont want try it myself.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same as Rat... filed the two "teeth" on the bottom part of the clip attaching to the body... test-tried few times to insure perfect fit, then used small piece of black plastic to use at front of clip small plastic piece - the bottom flat edge of the Cryos will push it and the original one behind the clip and keep it tight with no wobbling around - thus less chance that clip might touch Cryos and damage the fine edge near it...

Really no need for anyone else to do it for you... you can't break anything...