Nichia and Luminus goes Military

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

after my Komet wich was to heavy for my outdoor hoby, i made a new flashlight with a red mode. base is the military host from jo @ britelumens:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...HA-III-MAG-host)-***-4th-Batch-(COMPLETED)***

the anodyzing is the hardest my lathe ever see.

technical:

12 x Nichia 219 high cri
1 x Luminus SST-90 Red
1 x pcb components nano dim (http://pcb-components.de/index.php?...category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64 ) this is the smoothest dimmer a ever see
1 x selfmade mode switcher driver for the white, red and beacon mode
4 x 18° triple lens
1 x FeiLong 32650 battery

The selfmade driver contains the current regulation for the red luminus sst90 to 4,3 amps. also the mode switching between white, red and beacon white is there.
the nano dim have its own two fet´s for dimming white and red.
the nichia leds are @ direct drive. maximum current with a fresh cell is a little over 10 amps.

the nichia nvsl219at have a really nice tint. it´s like daylight. this is how led light should be. this is a big deal for nichia.

first i made i heavy copper heatsink for all the emitters to keep cool:

4swf-j5-17c2.jpg

as you can see i use only a poti. the poti have an integrated switch wich turns the light on, off and switches the mode:

4swf-j2-b5dc.jpg

the military mag have some white light:

4swf-j3-192f.jpg

and some red:

4swf-j4-5c04.jpg

thanks for looking, markus

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a space potentiometer knob that I had custom machined for my build as per the picture in my signature. You can have it for free if you like? Would clean up your build very nicely I think! I can also link you to my build thread which shows the knob in more detail. Note I had to cut down the potentiometer shaft a bit because it was too high.

- Matt

EDIT: Here's the build thread. Also note the spare knob I have does NOT have a slot for a tritium marker cut into it. The spare is exactly like the first one you can see in the build pictures :)

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
hi mattaus,

thanks for your offer. at this moment i am working on my own knob. if this fail a will come back.

thanks again.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi mattaus,

thanks for your offer. at this moment i am working on my own knob. if this fail a will come back.

thanks again.

No worries :)

I LOVE the look of that finned head on the 1D body...and the matte colour is amazing as well. I want one now!