XML U3 / Copper PCB 1100 Lumens @ 3a

M79

Newly Enlightened
edit: it appears this bin has been around a while... i thought it was new since i havent heard of it in any lights

It is indeed a new offer. The U3 was specified in the documentations since some months, but it was not really available in the shops.

LightForce

Newly Enlightened
Anyone who owns new XM-L U3 bin please post Vf measurements, I'd like to know how it correspond to very low Vf of XM-L U2 bin.

trout

Enlightened
Anyone who owns new XM-L U3 bin please post Vf measurements, I'd like to know how it correspond to very low Vf of XM-L U2 bin.

I just received a couple of these beauties first thing was how heavy the felt .

just had one on the power supply and it was 3.3 v at 3 amps and 3.1v at 2 amps

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
looking at the data on this copper mcpcb... it says "The back side is holohedral golden."

what the heck is "holohedral golden"?? Anything like "hella golden"? ;)

Is this just marketing talk for a thin gold layer?

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holohedral, "holo" meaning hollow in Italian, and hedral meaning church. The word holohedral means "hollowed from a church". In this case, it means that the gold was scavenged from a church, most likely by thieves or burglars.

I think it is marketing to say that the gold was crystallized onto the copper, and is at least one crystal thick.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
I have no idea who translated this to english, but on the german site it just says it is gold plated. It is also not listed as a translation option in the sites I usually frequent, and very rare even in google search.