Ultrafire Recoil WF-008 - UF-007. How to modify modes?

p67

Newly Enlightened
Not a lot written about these other than one review that I can find.

I see you can now buy a single mode [high] version.

Would anyone here know how to mod my 5 mode so that it is only one mode?

I hate having more than one mode for a hunting light.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How good are you at electronics? The easiest would probably be a driver swap, assuming it uses a normal driver like other lights. The harder is to remove/reprogram/bridge the right pins on the microcontroller on the driver.

p67

Newly Enlightened
Im pretty good with electrical engineering stuff.

If someone could tell me what driver to buy from DX I would be able to manage the rest easily. I have done a quick search and having problems actually finding a single mode driver. The ratings are pretty confusing. Would appreciate help selecting very much.

My flashlight is the UF-007 "supreme" model. Looks like a XP-E emiter. Not sure what Q or R it is . Im getting lost now.

Would the following be an option 25518?

?

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
As long as it it fits and your battery voltage is within the range, then you should be fine.

The other option is to analyze the current driver and figure out how the modes work. If it's a pin on the microcontroller that does PWM, then just wire that pin to high and it should be a single mode light.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Well the voltage range and output look right, not sure if the diameter is right to fit in the WF-008 head. I was lucky enough to get a single mode one when DX sold them but I haven't measured the diameter of the driver board.

Your light will probably have an XR-E of some sort I would think.

I'd like to mod mine also, with a 1.5A driver as it's only used in short bursts (rifle mounted) so heat buildup won't be an issue.

p67

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to mod mine also, with a 1.5A driver as it's only used in short bursts (rifle mounted) so heat buildup won't be an issue.

That is how I use mine also. You first.. :poke:. I will follow.

I purchased a WF-008 recently also.

I think the 25518 driver might be to small at 15mm. The 26110 is a 16.8mm board. Single mode, rated to 18V. 1.25A output current rated. I have one of those here too, bought for another project.

Or this one 25505 - 1*Cree 3W regulated power output
- Output current: 1.5V 600±50mA; 4.2V 1.2A
- 16.7mm diameter base, 5.6mm overall depth
- Voltage: 1.5V-4.2V
- Fully regulated circuit design

Pic of the rear of the 007 head. Looks about 16.9mm

Not to sure about it being an XR-E emitter http://flashlightwiki.com/File:Cree_xr-e.jpg in the UF-007, maybe the 008. I have read
the UF-007 comes stock with a P3 in brightness XR-C.

I noted this from another thread also [about the UF-007]. "
The drive current in the stock buck converter was measured at 700ma in high"

Last edited: