FLASH-GRIP -- Anyone Heard of This?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
CPF'er GNSteve turned me on to this neat little flashlight holder and I was wondering if anyone here has one, and knows where to get them a little more cheaply?

I am thinking they are just the ticket for changing a flat tire or for those whose occupational situations require light to be projected at odd angles while keeping both hands free.

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I bought the original ones that some guy was making 15 or so years ago.

I lost the D size one when I left it under a trackhoe that I was working on. I used it all the time when I worked on construction equipment. I preferred that to a headlamp at the time because cords for the battery packs weren't long enough for my height.

I used the AA size stuck to the underside of the hood of my car back when I had a crappy car. I don't remember what happened to that one.

Several years ago I bought another set but I don't use them now that there are plenty of decent headlamps with the batteries mounted on the headband.

I find a headlamp to be much more useful because of where the light is pointed.

I know where the AA one is. I think the D one is in my box at work. I'll look when I go in tonight. If I can find it, they're your's, Charlie, if you want to pay postage for them. They never came with those pretty red and yellow sleeves, though.

springnr

Enlightened
Hi Keith, if Charlie decides to pass I would be interested in the holders.
~~~~~

Hey Charlie, wouldn't happen to have a CR 600 mag you could live without would ya?

later, Keith

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Wow Keith, Thanks! I can use them on the job, lotsa times we need to hold a scene or something and keep an eye on small bits of evidence exactly where it ended up at, etc. Keeping the cars running with their headlights on doesn't cut it -- still got my physical addy?

Let me know if I can do something for you some time. Need a grass hula skirt or something? (hee hee!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please send me an e-mail about the postage. If it's under a pound, Priority Mail is $3.85...

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, the clips are pretty springy. They'll work on the 123 lights as well.

I have one of each here as well. Haven't a clue where I got 'em. I've had them for maybe 15 years.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
ksbman,

Just received them, exactly as I expected (and needed), perfect, and they pretty much even LOOK new!

Thanks Keith, you Da Man!