Incoming Klarus XT20 & XT30

kwh1974

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Out of no where just caught a flashlight bug and bit me as seems like i am hook for now as previously has been collecting watches.

I am new to this forum as been reading the posts before i decide to pick up both of the above. I have narrow down to a few choice like Sunwayman T40CS, Crelant 7G5CS, Niwalker 750N1 and the both incoming.

It has been a tough week for me as digest tons of review, opinion and others from CPF also considering within my budget.

So i pick up from a online dealer, the Klarus XT20 & XT30 with 2 units Ultrafire WF-139 Charger and 4 Units Ultrafire 18650 Protected 3000m Ah Rechargeable Battery that cost me US$260 in total plus shipping by EMS.

Do you think is a good deal?

Anyone own any of the XT20 & XT30, possible to share your experiences?

The reason i need a flashlight is for security as i usually finished work late and reached home around midnite. As i am taking public transport like trains and buses. As in my country we can't carry weapon like gun, stunt gun or even retractable baton. Therefore flashlight will be my only choice as will be pretty handy as i can put it in my backpack. Off course only will carry 1 flashlight only.

Anyone ever use a flashlight as a defensive weapon before?

Looking forward for some reply and opinion.

Samy

Enlightened
Ok first of all you need to pass on anything labelled "ultrafire" or "trustfire" or such. There's a lot of rogue operaters selling fake and/or dangerous batteries with these brand names. I use AW batteries (other protected brands are: eagletac, klarus etc) with a protection circut and you should definately be using a protection circuit with lights as the ST20 does not have a low voltage cutout and this could damage the batteries or make them explode. With a protection circuit built into the batteries, when they get low they basically turn themselves off. Get protected batteries for these torches!

Secondly, i have the Klarus ST20. WHAT A FLASHLIGHT! It's not a thrower but i prefer it over my Fenix TK41 thrower for most uses. Just last weekend i was using it while camping and i spoke to some other campers who asked me if they could see my "really big flashlight". They were shocked when i pulled it out of my pocket and turned it on. "That's brighter than the spotlights on my truck!" Needless to say they wrote down the model and were going to research it.

I love the look of the twin heads, i love the holster and i think it's an excellent police/emergency/search and rescue light.

Mine has a slight whine/noise to it but they pump some serious voltage/amps so it's pretty normal for this model. Also, i tried using it to light up a room at home during a power failure. It certainly lights up a room but 1) it can't tailstand and 2) it's not regulated well so it tends to 'dip' or 'flash' it's output if left on for extended periods. I never noticed this outside but indoors with the white walls it's noticeable, perhaps my threads were dirty... not sure.

I love it, it's one of my favourites!

cheers

kwh1974

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for you opinion and input.

Anyone else like to share their experience.

kwh1974

Newly Enlightened
It arrived last nite and immediately open the parcel and welcome the twin Klarus XT20 & XT30 home. I am totally impressed with the quality and the finishing of the built. After charging the battery i just can't wait to try to test the brightness of the both XT.

This 2 different animals behave as it should be, XT30 a thrower and XT20 as good flood. I am simply amazed with the lights out from this 2 small size XTs flashlight as compare with my bulky old Maglite with 4D cells.

The 2 XTs accessories like the quality holster, landyard and others are pretty good quality as well.

A few days before this also order 4 units Panasonic 18650 PCB 3100mh and 1 Xtar WP2 II charger upon as to forget all the XXXfire battery and charger, thanks for you advise.

Now i am interested to pick up a Fenix TK75 as the is a good flood light. Is it out in the market yet and any reviews available online?