A little help please...

avidflyer

Newly Enlightened
If someone could please point me in the right direction. I have a weapon light system I need to find a replacement tail cap switch or tape for. I've attached some pictures below and the specs on what I can tell so far. I went to a couple gun shops that handle surefire (it's not a surefire) and couldn't really come up with a direct match. They did have a cheap $10 light that fit it, but…was the incorrect thread pitch. I can get one flat on it, and it does power up and work. I can't seem to figure out how the old one is assembled, or comes apart.…maybe it can be disassembled and rewired / soldered

What I know:

The thread pitch is 14
The OD of the housing is .70
The ID of the original housing is .64
The ID of replacement test piece I bought is .686

Please see pictures below. I may have to have something machined or a adapter made?? to change the thread pitch.

Thanks

Avid
l1.JPG
111.JPG
l2.JPG
l3.JPG
wire.JPG
11.jpg
l4.JPG
l5.JPG
l6.JPG

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited:

avidflyer

Newly Enlightened
I cant find a snap ring, and it wont twist a part, so I'd say it has to be glued.