Has anyone cracked open a Fenix TK-70?

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened
I searched and couldn't find anything on this. Its sad that so many great lights have such a limited life because they cant easily be taken apart without completely destroying them.
I dont have a TK-70 and would love to have one… but only if I could mod it. So for the sake of discussion, has anyone been able to remove the bezel and reflector to get at the emitters? Are they mounted on standard type PCB's?
I wonder if the bezel is threaded at the end and glued with copious amounts of thread-locker (ala typical fenix stupidity
sick.png
). Perhaps a great deal of heat would destroy the thread-locker. Since most thread-lockers give up with high heat, I have even more questions.
Is the lens AR coated? If so, heat would obviously destroy the coating.
Does anyone think the reflector or other components would become damaged with heat?
I dont care if the finish is discolored or removed, just as long as the parts arent damaged during the surgery. There was an early discussion about the various unassembled parts of the TK70 with photos but now I cant find it.

I have several 10k mah D cells and a few chargers, but no light cannon to burn them in. PLEASE HELP!
bigsmile.png